Quantcast

Maxxis to delve into figure-skating empire...wow.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Does anyone know the reason for this endorsment besides the obvious millions and millions of dollars involved?

http://www.maxxis.com/sponsorship/riders_profile_details.asp?id=155

"Figure Skating Champion Michelle Kwan to Endorse Maxxis:

A champion deserves only the best – and that’s why Maxxis was a natural choice for figure skating champion Michelle Kwan. Maxxis has announced a multi-year endorsement deal with Kwan, whose latest victory came at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships in Portland, Oregon, January 16.

The most decorated figure skater in U.S. history, Kwan has won 43 major titles, including five World Championships and eight consecutive and nine overall U.S. National Championships. She has also won two Olympic medals, a silver in 1998 and a bronze in 2002. She is the only woman in figure skating history to reclaim the World title three times and her 57 perfect 6.0 scores are the most ever awarded in the sport.

The new relationship with the internationally renowned Kwan is the latest step in Maxxis’ global branding efforts. Maxxis is pleased to welcome Michelle Kwan to the Maxxis family and wishes her the best in all of her upcoming skating competitions.
"

Oh, and don't forget to download the exclusive Michelle Kwan/Maxxis poster! Control in Motion

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mcA896 said:
that is STUPID. wtf does she have to do with tires?

anyone wanna buy my maxxis tires?
Ummmm... ever see how many different products sports figures endorse that have nothing to do with the sport they play? WTF does Micheal Jordan and basketball have to do with underwear?

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
Ciaran said:
Ummmm... ever see how many different products sports figures endorse that have nothing to do with the sport they play? WTF does Micheal Jordan and basketball have to do with underwear?
how about you stop being so negative and look at the freakin' article in the same humorous way that i did and had hoped everyone else would. that was the point of posting it. everyone here knows she has nothing to do with tires and you pointed out that Michael Jordan has nothing to do with underwear....wait a second. what's on your mind? is there something you need to tell us, Ciaran?

couldn't help myself, sorry.

stop being so literal and have some fun! :)

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I think Kwan inked the deal with Maxxis well over a year ago. Not too sure what Maxxis expects to get out of this relationship, but I'm sure Kwan is getting paid well...

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
AlmostHeaven said:
how about you stop being so negative and look at the freakin' article in the same humorous way that i did and had hoped everyone else would. that was the point of posting it. everyone here knows she has nothing to do with tires and you pointed out that Michael Jordan has nothing to do with underwear....wait a second. what's on your mind? is there something you need to tell us, Ciaran?

couldn't help myself, sorry.

stop being so literal and have some fun! :)
i think he was refering to this post bud.
that is STUPID. wtf does she have to do with tires?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
i think he was refering to this post bud.
And lovebunny comes in with the back up!

Yeah man! :eviltongu (Frikkin n00b...)

I knew they made kart tires. I had no idea they made all them other tires. Maybe Michelle Kwan is into kart racing.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
blt2ride said:
I think Kwan inked the deal with Maxxis well over a year ago. Not too sure what Maxxis expects to get out of this relationship, but I'm sure Kwan is getting paid well...

You're right she has been involved with Maxxis for at least a year now. What Maxxis gets out of this relationship is simple, Maxxis is the high-end division of Cheng Shin Tire. Cheng Shin Tire is the largest tire manufacturer in the world. CST is also a Chinese company and Michelle Kwan is a world renowned Chinese-American athlete. CST still closely oversees EVERYTHING that goes on at Maxxis USA and they are very careful to represent their company (within it's respective divisions) in a very respectable way. If Michelle Kwan is a respectable household name then how hard is it to imagine she might be able to help Maxxis sell a few sets of passenger car tires to your average "respectable American family"?

Crux Studio did that Kwan poster layout as well as many others for Maxxis.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
lovebunny said:
yeah but not fat chicks because its hard to find the right hole in all those rolls
Ahhhhh, youth. Come my young friend, let me teach you the wonders of flour. :sneaky: