Quantcast

Maxxis Wolf Laurel Race

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
The DH courses are pretty steep and loamy. lots of drops and waterbars but few roots or rocks. Don't need huge travel or tires. DO need your seat down and your brakes dialed.

Not sure if there's even gonna be a DS race there, but that's totally unofficial.

E-mail bizutch@hotmail.com for more details.

B

bigkonarider

Go & ride/race it.. If it's dry-i'm there for sure-
Nothing scary at all...
expert course is set up right..
SPORT course is also rockin W/ SOME BACK N FORTH PEDALING UP TOP LAST YEAR AT THE LAST RACE..kINDA WEARES U OUT SLIGHTLY W/ A 50 POUND RIG... :dancing:

SUGAR mtn is totally different "if that explains anything"!

Yes there is a hardtail class. Bring your A-game. It's a pretty competetive group.

Beginner is pretty much 'run what'cha brung' type thing though. Either way you will have a lot of fun. I started racing on a hardtail. loook where I am now...Quagmired in sport. I'll move up after I win a race outright or a championship.

Mar 23, 2004
So hardtail class is pretty tough? Just wounder if a mid grade softtail sport rider would have a chance riding a ds hardtail type bike in that class?

So-EastMatt

Chimp
Oct 24, 2003
mtnbikebmxracer said:
So hardtail class is pretty tough? Just wounder if a mid grade softtail sport rider would have a chance riding a ds hardtail type bike in that class?
If you are a solid sport class rider on a dual slalom HT bike, you'll have no trouble whatsoever being competitive in the HT class. Usually, that is exactly the typical rider that shows up to race hardtail class at Wolf Laurel. Wolf is the kind of course that can be super fun on either kind of bike. Its steep enough with enough drop-ins to make it faster on a DH bike for the regular classes, but there are very few rocks on the mountain so it's fun on a hardtail as well. Either way, you won't be dissappointed at wolf. I have fun every year, rain or shine.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Curiouscaptian01 said:
why? care to share...
Yeah,
We just found out that they are doing a some major construction up there.
They are putting in a whole new seperate lodge, and a different lift.
The new I-26 brought them in SO many people last year the slopes were too crowded, so they have to expand.
It sucks for us this year, but next year we should have some sweet stuff up there. After seeing what Mountain Creek has done up in Jersey, I wish Wolf would hook it up, and run the lifts every weekend for freeriding.
Oh well, I just back from Snowshoe and I have to sleep for a change.
Later, JR

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Jeremy R said:
Yeah,
We just found out that they are doing a some major construction up there.
They are putting in a whole new seperate lodge, and a different lift.
The new I-26 brought them in SO many people last year the slopes were too crowded, so they have to expand.
It sucks for us this year, but next year we should have some sweet stuff up there. After seeing what Mountain Creek has done up in Jersey, I wish Wolf would hook it up, and run the lifts every weekend for freeriding.
Oh well, I just back from Snowshoe and I have to sleep for a change.
Later, JR
yeah well that is cool,

How did you do at Snowshoe?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Curiouscaptian01 said:
yeah well that is cool,

How did you do at Snowshoe?
I took 2nd out of 37 in the Ex. 25-29 class.
It was my first national expert podium so I was stoked.
The course was brutal and now I am worked, and I have to leave
for Mt Snow Wed. morning.
I need an IV. :blah: