Quantcast

May 21 solo xc ride

IKE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2002
i guess since there is a xc forum this is the more appropriate spot for this stuff:)

got up at 7am for my daily cap forest ride. weather cloudy and warm until about halfway through the ride,then the sun came out! tshirt and shorts weather from the start. Ive begun exploring some of the motorcycle trails- this one was fun although pretty nasty and rutted in some spots. everytime i go on a new trail i realize im pretty lucky to have a place like this about 10 minutes away
on to the pics..

exhausted but having a lot more fun than it appears here :)

IKE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2002
Originally posted by PsychO!1
Looks like your Suburban got wet and shrank!!!
aha- nope thats my commuter vehicle. suburb is for shuttles and snowboarding only!

sub6

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
williamsburg, va
Beautiful. :thumb:

You'd never catch me out in that much mud, I'm such a pussy. I s'pose if you're in the PacNW you take what you can get though.....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by sub6
Beautiful. :thumb:

You'd never catch me out in that much mud, I'm such a pussy. I s'pose if you're in the PacNW you take what you can get though.....
I normally won't ride in mud like that either, more to prevent trail damage though. It looks like other vehicles are causing the ruts there so go for it!

IKE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2002
yeah- these are motorcycle trails- I usually stick to the bike trails but ive been trying to get some variety.

actually ive just started using headphones while riding. they help keep me motivated on the uphill climbs :)

actually the trails are pretty good in most areas- these pics mostly have been the nastier sections. i guess when the trail is good i dont want to stop to take pics but when its nasty i dont mind stopping ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by BAH
yeah- these are motorcycle trails- I usually stick to the bike trails but ive been trying to get some variety.

actually ive just started using headphones while riding. they help keep me motivated on the uphill climbs :)

actually the trails are pretty good in most areas- these pics mostly have been the nastier sections. i guess when the trail is good i dont want to stop to take pics but when its nasty i dont mind stopping ;)

I want to use headphones but I like to hear nature and the other people coming up the trail.

IKE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2002
Originally posted by stosh
I want to use headphones but I like to hear nature and the other people coming up the trail.

yeah, but at 7 am on weekday mornings theres no one else out there- cause bikes usually stay off the moto trails, and if a motorcycle is coming my way- well i dont have the music turned up that loud:)

as far as the listening to nature- sometimes i feel like that and sometimes i feel like some green day to help me up the trail:monkey:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Man i just have a feeling that when BAH takes some pictoras on some Skookum rides that people might wind up moving here from everywhere else...
Welp as long as they're mt. bikers..........

IKE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2002
Originally posted by Skookum
Man i just have a feeling that when BAH takes some pictoras on some Skookum rides that people might wind up moving here from everywhere else...
Welp as long as they're mt. bikers..........
sounds good.... when??#??

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by BAH
sounds good.... when??#??
I'm gonna be in Wenatchee doin Devils Gulch on Saturday morn don't think you'd be interested in a 4 HOUR DRIVE BLAGALARGH!!
But the weekend after next i'd like to try a Deep Creek/Skookum Flats or Ranger Creek/Skookum.
Hell climb followed by awe inspiring view followed by rippin singletrack descending trail followed by rolling river singletrack. After you ride this.... you will understand............