Quantcast

May be my last day at CITY BICYCLE WORKS

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
stosh said:
Have you seen the real one?
No, I would love to. Do you know where it is being viewed? Is it privately owned?

On another note, Jess, the owner, just called and DIDN'T ask for me but asked if the other manager types were in... :clue: it's coming...:redhot:
You know, it's kind of fun knowing it's coming, it's like sitting in the gate and hearing the beeps.

I'm all excited...is that wrong?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heath Sherratt said:
No, I would love to. Do you know where it is being viewed? Is it privately owned?

On another note, Jess, the owner, just called and DIDN'T ask for me but asked if the other manager types were in... :clue: it's coming...:redhot:
You know, it's kind of fun knowing it's coming, it's like sitting in the gate and hearing the beeps.

I'm all excited...is that wrong?
I actually saw it last spring at the Philly art Museum. The had a HUGE Dali exhibit. It was sold out from the day tix went on sale. My cousin works there so we cut the line and went right it. It was great!
The show spanned his whole life!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heath Sherratt said:
That's some serious art consuming...his whole lofes work? He was quite prolific. Must have been so cool. How big is the original?
I think it's like 10' tall.

I don't think it was ALL his work but probably like 75-80% of it.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heath Sherratt said:
That's dope. Exactly how I pictured it.
He did a few other with the same type theme... real freaking weird.... I loved the show... and of all the works he did the one at the end which you are using as your avatar moved me the MOST. I'm not sure which way it moved me exactly but it had the most lasting effect.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heath Sherratt said:
I have heard that that painting really impacts a lot of people.

I personally see it as the perspective Jehovah had of His Son during the moment.
Personally, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
I always ponder on the why's of a painters motivation. His desire to even paint Christ, the abstract nature of his visions and the lack of blood as Yeshua was obliterated before His crucifixion (as can be seen in The Passion). I think he has been reverant and honest with his visions though, they are tremendously powerful. I would love a life size replica.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Heath Sherratt said:
I always ponder on the why's of a painters motivation. His desire to even paint Christ, the abstract nature of his visions and the lack of blood as Yeshua was obliterated before His crucifixion (as can be seen in The Passion). I think he has been reverant and honest with his visions though, they are tremendously powerful. I would love a life size replica.
You should have seen the quality of his painting skills. AMAZING!
Some of his works were like 2"x3".

He got all freaked out by nuclear bombs and stuff, then he started painting his jesus's works.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stosh said:
You should have seen the quality of his painting skills. AMAZING!
Some of his works were like 2"x3".

Stosh - I agree completely. I bunch of his early works in Madrid either in the Reina Sofia or Prado, now I can't remember. I was awestruck. This was all classically done figures, portraits, etc. with photo realistic details. Amazing. I had only seen his weird stuff before, you know melting clocks and whatnot. It really put all the later stuff in perspective for me. Such an amazing painter.

I was looking at his painting so closely that I got in trouble with the museum staff. I just wanted to reach out and touch it to see if it was real.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jdschall said:
Stosh - I agree completely. I bunch of his early works in Madrid either in the Reina Sofia or Prado, now I can't remember. I was awestruck. This was all classically done figures, portraits, etc. with photo realistic details. Amazing. I had only seen his weird stuff before, you know melting clocks and whatnot. It really put all the later stuff in perspective for me. Such an amazing painter.

I was looking at his painting so closely that I got in trouble with the museum staff. I just wanted to reach out and touch it to see if it was real.
As you can see from the image above, it looks like a computer graphic.
The exhibit had a walking tour with headphones which was great because you got to learn about his life and how the works related.
I'm glad I didn't miss it.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
Many reasons, the bossman isn't exactly into doing what he says, more money, better organization, performance based pay structure, and in general just a more professional organization with room to grow. Where I work now is a two store business and he doesn't intend to grow it or even maximize what he has now. I will have light commute but the pros heavily outweigh the cons. It was ahard decision, but I know I made the right one. It's going to be a big learning curve for me and it will be a lot more challenging so I am really looking forward to it. H

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
Heath,
Good luck to you in the new job. On a side note, are you heading to Sand Hill this weekend for the first slalom race?? The track is done and I am really excited to ride/race on it. Long start straight with a double set of rollers into a long pedal ready first turn into the large step up tripple to a small roller double into a step up table then ito SWEET berms.....then mostly the same, just tweaked and refined. Hope to see you there.
Weaver

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Heath Sherratt said:
I will have light commute but the pros heavily outweigh the cons.
If you hadn't moved from Concord, you would have shortened your commute by a half hour by taking this job. Then you would only have a 68 mile drive to Sacramento...

Should have stayed...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Heath Sherratt said:
They are opening a store in Sac. I will be helping with the staffing, training, merchandising, etc. It will be really great experience starting a store from scratch.

Get me a job. I am a rocking good wrench. I can sell too.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
Heath,

Post the address so I know where to send folks. Even though I didn't go in there(I live in Roseville and hate going into Citrus Heights) I referred them to you at City Bike Works.

Good luck.

-Javier