Quantcast

May is Get Your Ass Back In Gear month

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
At least for me it is. Time to get back into the gym and get my diet back in line. 5lbs by the end of the month...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
5 pounds by the end of the month for me to Jackson. I lost seven last month. Too nice to go to the gym for me, trail running has been working wonders.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I'm going to brag. This is the first year in a long time that I didn't gain any weight over the winter. It was a cool realization. With it being such a dry mild winter, I was able to ride a whole lot more than usual.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I'm going to brag. This is the first year in a long time that I didn't gain any weight over the winter. It was a cool realization. With it being such a dry mild winter, I was able to ride a whole lot more than usual.
That is definitely brag worthy. I gained more over this winter than ever before. The snow kind of threw me for a loop. That and all the sausage, beer and cheese up here.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
5 pounds by the end of the month for me to Jackson. I lost seven last month. Too nice to go to the gym for me, trail running has been working wonders.
I'm about to go lift, then I'll weigh in for the start of all this. We'll see. 3 years ago I was 190, got down to 155, over the last year or so I've been holdling right around 160. I want to get back to 155 then reassess. I think my ultimate goal is going to be 150, depending on fat/muscle weight. I'd love to get to a 30" waist.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Ahh, good. I thought you were going to waste away. :)

We have similar goals. I'd like to be at 145 though. We'll see. I have a very easy time maintaining at 150 but I have been so active that I don't think it will be hard for me to shake off a little more this summer.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
OK, weighed in at 161 this morning.

My activity levels have been pretty high the last few months, so I've got to think my metabolism is decent. The key is going to be getting my diet back in order.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I changed my diet 2 months ago and bumped up my training. I've knocked off 6lbs already and I'm a skinny 5'6" asian guy @ 154.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Is that Palmer?

I actually lost weight over winter. From 95kg down to 88kg. I guess I forgot to eat, because I sure as hell didn't get to exercise much...

I'd be happy in the 85kg-90kg range. My body fat % shouldn't be too bad at 6ft, but I would like to loose a bit of waist...

I have my wee gym set up now and am planning on using it more as well as get out on the road bike now the snow is disappearing...

No strict regimen, I think any exercise is better than none.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Today was weigh-in day... 159lbs, though the scale was a little iffy, so 159 give or take a pound.

I've had a really hard time consuming enough calories (1800-2000) when eating at least fairly clean. Without the snacks (especially in the evenings) it's hard to find the calories. It's a work in progress at this point.

~ To be continued ~

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
i think i'm hovering around 140 right now, i'm hoping to get it up to 145 by the end of the month. first thing i'm doing when i get home this afternoon is figuring out a gym membership for the summer.

today is the first day in a week that i haven't gone to the gym and lifted/ridden the stationary bike.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Today was weigh-in day... 159lbs, though the scale was a little iffy, so 159 give or take a pound.

I've had a really hard time consuming enough calories (1800-2000) when eating at least fairly clean. Without the snacks (especially in the evenings) it's hard to find the calories. It's a work in progress at this point.

~ To be continued ~
I am miffed with my scale. I've not been cutting back on caloires so I am gaining muscle/losing inches but not losing weight.

HOWEVER, I wore a work shirt the other day that I haven't been able to wear since we left Memphis! W00T!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
That makes sense - the calories/muscle/weight thing.

And congrats on the shirt - how clothes fit is always the tell-tale sign of progress.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
How goes it Jackson? Havent' heard from you lately and it's moving into June now.

I've actually lost a couple of pounds in the past two weeks which I'm excited about. (I stuck to TN's mush dioet after getting his tooth pulled and that helped). This week I start watching what I am eating so soon I'll be reporting results I am looking for.

As far as fitness level is concerend, I am in the best physical shape that I have been in for years so I can't complain.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
<< H8R needs to lose at least the 15 lbs of sympathy weight he gained while his wife was pregnant. H8R can't even look at lasagna now.

6'4" 220. H8R is most comfortable at 200 or less. H8R would settle for 205 by the middle of summer.

Why is H8R talking in the third person about H8R?

:think: