Quantcast

Maybe Marvel GMT ∆¶×÷π Fritagv

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
i’ve always wanted to do a wilsons night ride...maybe someday soon. have a buddy who does them all the time.

dealing with parents in town...so started drinking at noon. that is all.
We’ve done the usual suspects Rasberry/GT/Hadley under lights a few times. Pretty fun. Always worried about parking cars in that area at night though. I’ve seen some seriously weird fuckers in the Wilson area

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The AC is out in the building and it's hotter than a blacksmith's cod piece. 82° and going to be like this until Monday. Landlord says he can't get the repair guys out here til then. Translation: he's too cheap to pay for a weekend visit.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Think I found why rear brake on my bike has no power.

Looks like the brake mount adapter is probably a millimeter or two too tall. Thus the top part of the pad is missing the rotor; assuming entire pad is pivoting enough so that the bottom half isn't contacting the rotor fully. Bottom half of the pads still look new...

Think thatd cause no grabbing force but solid lever feel?

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That's what makes it better... If you want to get better seats, pay a fixed $25 each more - not variable by demand. Also, schedule an alert on your phone 24 hours in advance to do your boarding confirmation. Pretty fucking simple and you'll all be able to sit together. If Wifey who wants to know the details of everything down to the minute can learn and use it primarily, yours can too.
Wait. So you *can* reserve seats?

Oh - and I made the call on Fuckit Friday. Can confirm RR/MW/DR is primo.

20190503_143125_resize_20190503_161308.jpg

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Looks like the brake mount adapter is probably a millimeter or two too tall. Thus the top part of the pad is missing the rotor; assuming entire pad is pivoting enough so that the bottom half isn't contacting the rotor fully. Bottom half of the pads still look new...

Not a ton. Yea you're losing contact are but not a huge amount.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Oh - and I made the call on Fuckit Friday. Can confirm RR/MW/DR is primo.

View attachment 134184
Ah, you went up the slide. I didn't, but I did the new-to-me S DR lollipop. Quite some exposure coming back on that route! Fun.

With Southwest you still can't reserve seats, per se, but can reserve yourself an A1-A15 seating position so you'll have your pick, more or less.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Oh, and did you switch out to a dark colored sock attached to your frame? :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What Toshi said - not technically, but you can get a1-15. You can however pay for automatic flight check-in. That will get you early on the inbound line and able to get seats together. We are usually late-A, early-B and never have problems getting all of us together or choosing our seats.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Moore Fun was mucho fun, Mack Ridge wasn't as fun.
However a quick couple of laps down Joes then PBR were a fine way to finish the day before dinner.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Wife and kids were supposed to go spend tomorrow and Sunday at her mom's and I was gonna have the weekend to do projects and ride. Welp, daughter just threw up in bed, so there goes those plans.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Probably not. Are the pads bedded in yet? If so, have they been contaminated at all? Both would impact braking forces but still give positive level feel.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
they do not fly to bozeman :(
BZN airport (apparently with the most traffic of all MT "airports") has been expanding gates, under the premise of attracting Southwest since I moved here in 2000.

Fare prices suck (cheaper to fly to South America or Europe from the east coast than to visit inlaws in Chicago) but then again it's why BZN isn't yet SLC...

There's direct flights to LA/NY (well EWR) these days, so you take what you can.

PM me if you want any insider beta, I have a little Yellowstone tourism blurb...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The asshole playing guitar and singing in the campsite behind me needs to STFU.

Told my wife I'm going to play our metal bowls like drums when I'm making my breakfast at 630...

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
What Toshi said - not technically, but you can get a1-15. You can however pay for automatic flight check-in. That will get you early on the inbound line and able to get seats together. We are usually late-A, early-B and never have problems getting all of us together or choosing our seats.
And if you play your cards right you can get a seat away from your kids.