Quantcast

Maybe rant/maybe petty......

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
As many of you know, Tahoe just hosted the American Classic Celebrity Golf at Edgewood. Loads of people, lots of hours at work, and hindered my attending the Leadville qualifier at Northstar or the Nationals at Mammoth. Oh well......

That being said, work offered 1/2 price tickets for the golf. Asked stepson if he'd like to go, he said yes, and bought 2 for him and fiance'. He shows up at 1:30 (fiance' off work at noon), and they were denied entrance. WTF????? Yes, he was really bummed.

I take the tickets back to work, say entrance was denied, and asked for refund. This was yesterday, and as of right now, no word yet.

Am I being $30 petty, or does work need to make right what was done and refund?

Replies begin........................................................ NOW

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
my parents indecision once cost me a flight to colorado.

at the end of the day.....i really couldn't get mad.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Aren't golf and country clubs about as tolerant as 1940s retirement homes? Not relevant, i just needed to express my everlasting love for Chinatown.

Jake Gittes: “Do you accept people of the Jewish persuasion?”
Mr. Palmer: “I’m sorry, we do not.”
Jake Gittes: “Don’t apologize – neither does Dad. That is exactly what i wanted to hear”

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
Why was he denied entrance?
and by who? the golf course people? or work people at the golf course?

I asked him, and he told me "the ticket guy at the main entrance of Edgewood, no explanation given".

I do understand that Timberlake character, and the fact it was Saturday, may have led to a larger-than-expected turn-out, and like, say, Disneyland, there very well may be a limit to the amount of people that can be allowed in, however, the way I see it, tickets were bought, and regardless of time of arrival, entry was secured with these tickets.

Still no word from our HR folks, and I am trying to be patient, yet how long does it take to make a simple yes/no decision???

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Uh, it seems like if you have tickets, you should be allowed entry. Very strange situation, and I would want my $30 back too at that point.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Who needs tickets to hit the golf course on a mountain bike ? You can catch some air over those sand traps with enough speed. And there is no way security could catch you in their slow ass cart.