Quantcast

Maybe someone will be waiting for him in the woods...

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
"It has also drawn a sharp reaction from gun control campaigners, who criticised the fact that because Johnson was convicted as a minor his criminal record will be wiped clean and he will be allowed to buy a gun."

uh, yikes........

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
This is just absurd. Not only will he still have the rest of his life to live, but his record will be sealed. Basically, once he gets out of jail, this part of his life will be closed; like it never happened. This is just crazy; I could see why the police can't guarantee his safety.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I agree with all of you. That is just insane that he'll be free. I wonder how long it will be before he's either killed again, or is in jail for some other violent crime.

Normally I don't condone any kind of vigilante justice but in this case it may very well be the only hope justice has.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
He was sentenced and did his time. Robdadingus once again showing his intelligence by spitting angry mob tactics. If you don't agree with the system, change it!

Maybe we should kill Marilyn Manson and the others that the media blindly blamed for this and Columbine.

Edit: (Regarding Columbine) When asked what he would say to the two if he had a chance to talk to them before the killings, Manson replied "I wouldn't say a single word to them; I would listen to what they have to say, and that's what no one did."

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
That Marilyn Manson quote was one of the few good parts in bowling for columbine, I was very impressed. As for this douche bag getting out, it is unbelievable that the prosocution didn't manage to get them tried as adults, if it happened again now I don't think there would even be any question. Somebody that F-ed up is either going to end up back in jail (probably after more people get hurt), or if he has developed any humanity, he's going to suffer for the rest of his life because of what happened anyway. That is if they dont lynch the son of a bitch first.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
TheInedibleHulk said:
That Marilyn Manson quote was one of the few good parts in bowling for columbine, I was very impressed. As for this douche bag getting out, it is unbelievable that the prosocution didn't manage to get them tried as adults, if it happened again now I don't think there would even be any question. Somebody that F-ed up is either going to end up back in jail (probably after more people get hurt), or if he has developed any humanity, he's going to suffer for the rest of his life because of what happened anyway. That is if they dont lynch the son of a bitch first.
Arkansas changed their law and closed the loophole a couple years after these kids were jailed, as a result of their case. Now, underage offenders are held as juveniles until they're 21, then moved to adult facilities. The constitution of course forbade them from retrying these kids under the new law...

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
stinky boy, how can you compare him to marilyn manson? marylon manson's music "might" have affected the columbine kids in some way. This kid SHOT 4 students and a teacher to death and injured 10 others. this is not a wishy washy subject, it doesn't get any more concrete then this. mob mentality? How bout just self preservation? if at that young age he is capable of that then he will kill again. The cops aren't just not able to protect him, they don't want to, that statement there is a message to the town that any homicide investigation with him as the victim will be just a going through the motions. if he knows whats good for him he'll move to iraq or something.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
robdamanii said:
Jesus, ANOTHER kid who is nothing more than an ANIMAL with no regard to life. PUT HIM DOWN FOR CHRIST'S SAKE! HE KILLED SOMEONE WILLINGLY AND WITH PREMEDITATED MAILCE! PUT HIM DOWN!

</rant>
indeed

looking into the crystal ball....

i forsee a repeat performance.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
i would hate to see a repeat performance with this kid... it happens all to often.. people go to jail, come out "reformed" and then kill again. the system just sucks... Makes you want to go back to the "eye for an eye" days

Connundrum1

Monkey
Mar 11, 2005
Gold River, Sac Town, CA
the only way to reform someone who's done something bad is counseling or therapy of some sort. There just isn't the man power in the prison system to do that. when do you remember time out ever working on a kid? It usually hardens people up because they have to survive in prison and being around other killers and delinquants in this case can't make it any better.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
stinkyboy said:
He was sentenced and did his time. Robdadingus once again showing his intelligence by spitting angry mob tactics. If you don't agree with the system, change it!

Maybe we should kill Marilyn Manson and the others that the media blindly blamed for this and Columbine.

Edit: (Regarding Columbine) When asked what he would say to the two if he had a chance to talk to them before the killings, Manson replied "I wouldn't say a single word to them; I would listen to what they have to say, and that's what no one did."
The system is hard to change man. It doesn't mean that we stop trying, but it is hard.

Personally I don't go for that whole blaming society, or blaming musicians thing either. Blame the kid and his parents (or lack thereof). What I am sick of seeing are the parents of these psychopaths getting off scott free. As a parent you have a responsibility to raise that kid in a manner that allows them to function in society. At the very least you should be held responsible for teaching the kids one of the most basic rules of our society... don't kill people. Little 15 year old johnny kills a class mate, he goes to jail for the rest of his life, and the parents do 20 years. Sigh... then again, I also feel that people should have to take tests, and prove financial as well as educational responsibility before being allowed to breed. These threads are depressing me. :( Somebody talk about hot girls or new bikes or shaving junk... the lounge is kinda depressing today.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Connundrum1 said:
stinky boy, how can you compare him to marilyn manson? marylon manson's music "might" have affected the columbine kids in some way. This kid SHOT 4 students and a teacher to death and injured 10 others. this is not a wishy washy subject, it doesn't get any more concrete then this. mob mentality? How bout just self preservation? if at that young age he is capable of that then he will kill again. The cops aren't just not able to protect him, they don't want to, that statement there is a message to the town that any homicide investigation with him as the victim will be just a going through the motions. if he knows whats good for him he'll move to iraq or something.

Welcome aboard Conny!

1) I'm not comparing theses kids to MM, I'm pointing out Dingus' reactionary "kill 'em all" mentality.

2) The Columbine murderers DID NOT listen to MM. He was the media poster boy for why kids kill. Couldn't be the parents! They're white and upper middle class! This is an OLD argument.

3) ANYONE is capable of killing at any given moment. Don't act like you understand why.

4) He did his time and you want him to move to Iraq (or something)? Why can't he try to piece together a life and go on?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
stinkyboy said:
Welcome aboard Conny!

1) I'm not comparing theses kids to MM, I'm pointing out Dingus' reactionary "kill 'em all" mentality.

2) The Columbine murderers DID NOT listen to MM. He was the media poster boy for why kids kill. Couldn't be the parents! They're white and upper middle class! This is an OLD argument.

3) ANYONE is capable of killing at any given moment. Don't act like you understand why.

4) He did his time and you want him to move to Iraq (or something)? Why can't he try to piece together a life and go on?

are you saying the brief amount of time he did was sufficient for his crime?