Quantcast

MBC's next home improvement project :)

J

JRB

A cutting torch. Duh.

edit - and a hammer. You always need a hammer.

Please post pics of your ass crack as you work. :D

J

JRB

MtnBikerChk said:
Don't make me take back the nice things I said about you!
It's not specifically your ass, but that is how you judge a good plumber. They didn't start calling it "plumber's crack" for nothing.

Keep saying nice things. :thumb:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
faucet putty, sometimes a small vise grip comes in handy. and buy the speedy connectors for when you put it back together...

J

JRB

I need to replace the faucet in the bath tub, but it requires moving some furniture, opening a hole in the wall (which is already there), and sweating the new parts in. :dead:

I don't know how to solder pipe well, so I have to hire a a plumber.

PonySoldier

Monkey
May 5, 2004
Woodland Park Colorado
loco said:
I need to replace the faucet in the bath tub, but it requires moving some furniture, opening a hole in the wall (which is already there), and sweating the new parts in. :dead:

:stupid:

We have to do this as well, however I always find something to do other than this...

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
loco said:

That would be a wise choice, don't try soldering in a wall if you've never done it before.

Thank goodness I was a plumber for 11 years:thumb:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:

What is this loco, a welder who cant pipefit? Soldering copper is easy. You can do it, I promise.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
What is this loco, a welder who cant pipefit? Soldering copper is easy. You can do it, I promise.
I can braze and I can weld with a stick, gas, or a mig, but don't want to clean up the mess if my sweats don't hold water. :help:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
loco said:
I can braze and I can weld with a stick, gas, or a mig, but don't want to clean up the mess if my sweats don't hold water. :help:
Its easy, make sure your joints are clean by sanding them, use flux and coat both the pipe and fitting and use the torch around the fitting getting it hot enough just for the solder to flow. Make sure you use 95/5 solder for water piping, 50/50 has lead in it. Check with the manucacture if you can solder on a tub/shower valve some are very sensitive to heat and you can melt the parts inside:hot: .