Quantcast

mbv comes to the states

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
if you don't know who thurston moore or steve albini are, i don't know what to say.
I do, but it wouldn't be polite.

Hmmm...I bet it sells out in about three seconds. I'm toying with the idea of seeing swervedriver in phillie and dc along with seeing them in ga and nc, gas for that will kill me....

Mr. Cave better get his sh!t together and get his ass to the states.

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
If that crap isnt emo its only cause they came out to soon... They could easily be blamed for starting the entire emo movement... That chick didnt actually sing a single word... I listened to a song and a half and that mumbling chick made me want to slice my own wrists.... Definitely emo...

I dont know where there coming to the states from but they need to skip USa and stay in retirement.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If that crap isnt emo its only cause they came out to soon... They could easily be blamed for starting the entire emo movement... That chick didnt actually sing a single word... I listened to a song and a half and that mumbling chick made me want to slice my own wrists.... Definitely emo...

I dont know where there coming to the states from but they need to skip USa and stay in retirement.
then stick to fall out boy you cvnt.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Really, go fvck yourself you child.

After clicking on those links, I figured out how you dress....

strangeland2

Monkey
Jul 11, 2007
masshole
I know enough to realize most of you might as well be listening to celine dion with so many of you sticking up for that "my bloody tampon"

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I know enough to realize most of you might as well be listening to celine dion with so many of you sticking up for that "my bloody tampon"
Behold! The musical taste of a goldfish!

For concerts the snore fest for me was Korn. I can listen to almost every cd so I was all for seeing them in concert. I believe Rob zombie opened for them and zombies set was so much better it was quite the let down. Korns set was really mellow in comparison and the crowd seemed to just die. I dont even think anyone waited for them to come back out for the encore. Everyone was in the aisles when they came back on stage.
:pirate2:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
well that didn't take long. tickets are sold out (packages remain for the 6 and 7 person lodging).

i was unable to get a 4 person lodging package, so i guess i'll need to do a bit of searching.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
No wonder you want to listen to a whining woman.....

Seriously? That's the best you can do?

Max and company haven't put out anything really worthy of mention since Sepultura was still in their original line up. You know, back when grampa was young.

Try again kid.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
I haven't heard of any of these bands either.

What kind of music is it?
I'm not being critical, just asking.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 21ST - DON'T LOOK BACK (these are all artists playing one of their albums in its entirety)
THURSTON MOORE PERFORMING PSYCHIC HEARTS » (indie noise rock goes semi-pop; have you heard Sonic Youth?)

TORTOISE PERFORMING MILLIONS NOW LIVING WILL NEVER DIE » (dubbed post-rock; instrumental music w/ various multi-instrumentalists...dub, jazz, electronics, dj culture...all are present)

MEAT PUPPETS PERFORMING MEAT PUPPETS II » (cow-fried punk; imagine jerry garcia on a bad acid trip after listening to black flag for hours)

BUILT TO SPILL PERFORMING PERFECT FROM NOW ON »
(guitar heroics; i don't know much about bill martsch other than that)

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 22ND - CHOSEN BY ATP
**** BUTTONS » no clue
LOW » MN-based slowcore
GROWING » noise duo
EDAN WITH GUEST DAGHA » no clue
SHELLAC » steve albini's latest racket-maker. the sound of clang and ching
THEE SILVER MOUNT ZION ORCHESTRA » music for the apocalypse
THE DRONES » frenzied aussie rockers w/ a dose of the blues
POLVO » angular NC indie quartet, was popular in certain circles 17 years ago
WOODEN SHJIPS » damaged music inspired by krautrock and other bits of noise tossed in
HARMONIA » real honest to goodness krautock, made by really old germans
OM » al's back w/ a new drummer. the sound of yr blood, pounding in yr temple
AUTOLUX » no clue

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 23RD - CHOSEN BY MY BLOODY VALENTINE
DINOSAUR JR. » j mascis, even more of a guitar hero than doug martsch
LILYS » fractured pop, 60s kink-style
YO LA TENGO » musical chameleon, can take on many guises but is always rooted by their abiding love of The Velvets, Dylan, and The Clean
MERCURY REV » dream pop a la Flaming Lips
MOGWAI » music for the post-apocalypse
MY BLOODY VALENTINE » music to fvck to

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
that guy is a great drummer. is that a permanent move? is he gonna do both bands?
As far as I know, yes.

Chris Haikius is out of OM and the Shrinebuilder project. Dale Crover is taking that seat.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
damn, some bad sh1t must have gone down between Al and Chris.
Not at all. Those guys are like brothers.

I think Chris just wasn't into it anymore and they are the type of people that will not play music unless it is 100% from the heart.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
what a line up!

bands on that lineup I'd love to see:
Low,
Dino Jr.
Polvo
shellac
Yo La Tengo
The Drones