Quantcast

McCain beats Obama for US Presidency!!!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
McCain beats Obama for US Presidency!!!
Didn't you mean defeats???

Way to go, starting crap about another white man beating a black guy for something he wants....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Poll: Obama has edge over McCain

Hey n8, are you putting money down on this one?

The new USA Today/Gallup survey shows the Illinois senator with a 5 point advantage over McCain among likely voters, 49 percent to 44 percent. That margin is just outside the poll's 4 point margin of error, meaning Obama appears to hold a slight advantage over the Arizona senator with five months remaining until voters weigh in at the polls.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
pretty sure McCain will take it.

Obama has a lot of work to do and short time to do it.. and polls need to factor in the electorial college count.
As long as McCain keeps digging himself a hole, I wouldn't be so sure. Things will likely look a lot worse on his economic and military fronts well before November. Since he thinks he can run on both of those, his "stay the course" approach will fail him before he has a chance to fail it for himself.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
As long as McCain keeps digging himself a hole, I wouldn't be so sure. Things will likely look a lot worse on his economic and military fronts well before November. Since he thinks he can run on both of those, his "stay the course" approach will fail him before he has a chance to fail it for himself.
Yeah.. it's going really bad in Iraq lately...

:rolleyes:

U.S. troop deaths in Iraq fell to their lowest level last month since the 2003 invasion and officials said on Sunday improved security also helped the country boost oil production in May to a post-war high.[/QUOTE

..and i dont see him being any worse than obama on the economy...

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Regardless of how Irag is currently "doing" His 100 year approach is going to sink the McCain ship in the end.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Yeah.. it's going really bad in Iraq lately...

:rolleyes:
Oh yeah, it's awesome there now. The wife and I were going to vacation there this Fall during the "off season".

McCain doesn't even know how many troops we have over there! Has he even figured out the difference between religions yet?

It's a good thing death tolls are down over there. It leave more soldiers available to off them self once state-side.

Suicides have been rising nearly each year of the five-year-old war in Iraq and the nearly seven years of war in Afghanistan. The 115 deaths last year and 102 in 2006 followed 85 in 2005 and 67 in 2004. The rate of 18.8 per 100,000 last year compared to a rate of 17.5 in 2006 and 9.8 in 2002 — the first full year after the start of the war in Afghanistan.
<edit> At least Obama doesn't use Bank lobbyists as economic advisors.

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Oh yeah, it's awesome there now. The wife and I were going to vacation there this Fall during the "off season".

McCain doesn't even know how many troops we have over there! Has he even figured out the difference between religions yet?

It's a good thing death tolls are down over there. It leave more soldiers available to off them self once state-side.

<edit> At least Obama doesn't use Bank lobbyists as economic advisors.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/clinton

:p

ATOMICFIREBALL

DISARMED IN A BATTLE OF WITS
May 26, 2004
Tennessee
McCain is 1000% better chioce than oBaMa!

Eat poo liberals.Bunch of anti gun & anti knife head cases.

If ObAmA(mr change) get's sniped & killed or has a heart attack anytime now; that means McCain goes up againt an independant ! Interesting.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
McCain is 1000% better chioce than oBaMa!

Eat poo liberals.Bunch of anti gun & anti knife head cases.

If ObAmA(mr change) get's sniped & killed or has a heart attack anytime now; that means McCain goes up againt an independant ! Interesting.

Knife rights are the biggest problem facing the country right now.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
McCain will get 98+% of the Republican vote, and at least 60% of the blue collar/bubba/hispanic Hillary vote, and 30-50% of the moderate vote...

i dont see obama winning the election at this time unless something drastic happens in the next 5 months which i doubt.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
McCain will get 98+% of the Republican vote, and at least 60% of the blue collar/bubba/hispanic Hillary vote, and 30-50% of the moderate vote...

i dont see obama winning the election at this time unless something drastic happens in the next 5 months which i doubt.
Something drastic like people actually seeing/listening to McCain? He has been able to hide in the shadows for the past 6 months. Time for him to step into the spotlight, he hasn't faired so well there in the past.

I'm not predicting anything right now but I think it is safe to say that McCain has a certain popularity right now simply because he hasn't been overexposed. Don't expect the general public to vote on the issues.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Something drastic like people actually seeing/listening to McCain? He has been able to hide in the shadows for the past 6 months. Time for him to step into the spotlight, he hasn't faired so well there in the past.

I'm not predicting anything right now but I think it is safe to say that McCain has a certain popularity right now simply because he hasn't been overexposed. Don't expect the general public to vote on the issues.
so he and obama are about evenly matched on the lack of media anal probing then?

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
so he and obama are about evenly matched on the lack of media anal probing then?
I think what Westy is saying is that McCain has been drawing HUGE crowds of 10's of people while Obama has been drawing 10's of thousands.

McCain wants to do "town hall" meetings because he fears crowds (as most seniors do). If he has to speak in front of more than a few hundred of his supporter base, he might drop dead.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I think what Westy is saying is that McCain has been drawing HUGE crowds of 10's of people while Obama has been drawing 10's of thousands.

McCain wants to do "town hall" meetings because he fears crowds (as most seniors do). If he has to speak in front of more than a few hundred of his supporter base, he might drop dead.

wow.. u really that dumb or just not amusing?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Obama will never get more than the tip.

McCain will get the whole thing, sans lube.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I was reading about why Hillary failed (pure pleasure), and one point that was made was how her and Bill failed to live up to the media standards of the Youtube generation.

On that note, I doubt McCain could deal with such scrutiny when every word and confrontation will be analyzed by the internet millions.