Quantcast

McCain + Condi as VP

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Racists annoy me. Yesterday I had a friend's girlfriend repeatedly make racists comments in my direction. After each inappropriate comment, she then pledged that she's not racist. Umm, yeah, STFU.
She prefaced each statement with "I am not racist, but..." and then denied it, right? Lets face it folks, we are all racist to some degree.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
I'm more nationalist than racist. I mean nationalist in the sense that I stereotype the French or the Italians or you bloody yanks rather than big up my own nationality. I think this is because in my experience of life, 6 times out of 10 Germans are ultra efficient, Italians are lazy, British people are apathetic and Americans are stupid.

New Zealanders are normal. I mostly like 'em.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Are you a native NZer? Or did your people get lost in the ocean and wind up there somehow?
And Americans arent stupid, we just act that way...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/04/dan-senor-condo.html

ABCNews’ Mary Bruce Reports: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is actively courting the vice presidential nomination, Republican strategist Dan Senor said.

“Condi Rice has been actively, actually in recent weeks, campaigning for this,” Senor said this morning on “This Week with George Stephanopoulos.”

Rice in Africa:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/4813b3c4-0250-11dd-9388-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
She prefaced each statement with "I am not racist, but..." and then denied it, right? Lets face it folks, we are all racist to some degree.
no one likes to portray themselves as "racists" and may not actually harbor any outward negative feelings, however, most "typical white people" underestimate the role of "white privilege" in our society. i believe that "most" people aren't "racist" or biggoted, they just don't understand the privilege they have by being white.
i personally try to view people through attitude and character lens. there are worthless people in every race.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
no one likes to portray themselves as "racists" and may not actually harbor any outward negative feelings, however, most "typical white people" underestimate the role of "white privilege" in our society. i believe that "most" people aren't "racist" or biggoted, they just don't understand the privilege they have by being white.
i personally try to view people through attitude and character lens. there are worthless people in every race.
very well said.

I would argue that beyond just ignorance to white priviledge, lots of folks (of all races) harbor race-based prejudices that they are not conscious of but unquestionably manifest in their thoughts, words, and actions.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

true and there is a lot of black racists too, just to so some equality.

But, I've always wondered why it is there a far more 'in your face' racist white people in the Northeast/NorthCentral US (and Idaho) than the Southern states...

progressive i guess

Last edited:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
true and there is a lot of black racists too, just to so some equality.

But, I've always wondered why it is these a far more 'in your face' racist white people in the Northeast/NorthCentral US (and Idaho) than the Southern states...

progressive i guess
nate, please try english next time.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
yeah! Spanish is my native tongue but, alas, the gov started the HeadStart program forcing english on us in school so now i am illiterate in 2 languages...

fvck the man, esse!