Quantcast

McCain ineligible to be PotUS

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
He wasn't born in the USA. He was born at the Panama Canal.

Wow!
so if you & the wife pack up & go to canada soon (i assume she's around 35 weeks) & have the young 'un in alberta, guess what? it'll be a u.s. citizen.

you think maybe this would have come up some time in the past quarter century of mccain's senatorial service, or when he took a commission over 40 yrs ago?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
And apparently, McCain was also involved in illegal prisoner torture.
ok, i think i get that you're trying to be someone else, but i can't tell who.

gimme a hint, but not something like "nvvgt s'e huiyr"

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I was looking for some entertainment at work, but y'all failed me.

Still, there is a very tiny small chance that the SCotUS would declare him ineligible.

What I want to know is how Washington became PotUS since he wasn't a US citizen :D

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
LOP..you know he was born in a military hospital there right? (Still considered US territory) A buddy of mine was a military kid and was born in Morroco, he was a cracker redneck and would check African-American on all his forms!

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, ok, i get it now.

:lighten:
To continue killing the buzz, US military bases and embassies and such are NOT US soil. This is a long-perpetuated myth--even some ambassadors believe it. (And it makes for great Simpsons jokes.) Yet, it's not the case under US law, international law, or any treaties.

They do fall under US extraterritorial jurisdiction, and are inviolable by the host country (diplomatic missions, anyhow), but are not US soil.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

You have to be either born a citizen or have been a citizen when the constitution was ratified. Doesn't matter where you were born.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
You have to be either born a citizen or have been a citizen when the constitution was ratified. Doesn't matter where you were born.
if you have foreign parents, it very much matters where you were born. if your parents were on work visas here in the states when you were born, you have dual citizenship.

i hope no one here thinks there's any hay to be made about mccain's citizenship, which is undoubtedly u.s. in origin

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Tend to agree with the frothers here. Questioning McCain's "Americaness", which is what essentially is happening here, is a non-starter for the Dems.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
if you have foreign parents, it very much matters where you were born. if your parents were on work visas here in the states when you were born, you have dual citizenship.
Of course, but being born in a particular place is not the determining factor. Also, I think this is an interesting question because, based on my reading, it is theoretically possible for a person with dual citizenship to be president. What would prevent this?