Quantcast

McCaul at the exit

Jan 17, 2007
If you all can remember back to when he was out there here's the video fox put together. It looks like he was mostly only doing the last booter section at the end. I hope NWD8 does the trail more justice.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
like that place needs any more publicity. especially NWD type publicity.

wow. he actually says the name of it. great. thanks Cam.

sick backflip though. never saw that one coming.

ebxtreme

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Bellingham
I'm pretty sure that will be heavily edited and wasn't intended to end up online.

I saw that last week and wondered "hmmm, I wonder how long before someone posts this up on RM?". A few days, I guess.:confused:

EB

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
I don't get why saying the name of that trail is such a big deal. Publicity is good, sure a few trails might get torn down, but in the long run if people are persistent there will be legal trails that are really good and more of them. Not to mention its not really a secret trail anymore. I didn't build it so I'm not going to tell people how to get there, but I have a feeling most of the people that always complain didn't build or maintain it either.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
I don't get why saying the name of that trail is such a big deal. Publicity is good, sure a few trails might get torn down, but in the long run if people are persistent there will be legal trails that are really good and more of them. Not to mention its not really a secret trail anymore. I didn't build it so I'm not going to tell people how to get there, but I have a feeling most of the people that always complain didn't build or maintain it either.
To me, it's more about pissing of the landowner. I'm sure the landowner of "27" knows that it is there. They just look the other way. If there were hordes of middleschoolers on rockhoppers hiking up the fireroad.... well, thats a different story.

To me, it's more about pissing of the landowner. I'm sure the landowner of "27" knows that it is there. They just look the other way. If there were hordes of middleschoolers on rockhoppers hiking up the fireroad.... well, thats a different story.

plus too, if kids didnt ride trails or make them(granted kids didnt make 27)...they could be doing much worsr like smoking crack or stealing someones stereo. I hear what you are saying....

cm16white

Monkey
Apr 16, 2006
shoreline
it sucks a little that the possibility of having our trails torn out is real.but on the flip side if we could get some big name people to stand behind it plus all of us maybe we could actually get something changed. sitting on here bitchen about how the "secret trails"are getting torn down isn't accomplishing anything. besides if one gets torn down another one will pop up somewhere.maybe thats our problem we're trying to build them in the wrong spots

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
The land (according to map 205S, side a) is owned by USFS, and you can bet they are more than aware of what's going on up there. The thing that 27 has going for it though, bikers, especially around these parts, are quite lazy. For how well known this area is, I rarely see different people out there. Perhaps if someone found the way around rattlesnake so they could shuttle, things would be different, but as it stands, earning your trails is enough to deter most from wandering up there.

What really sucks is that the natural amphitheater has been paved over to make way for more traffic up and down that area. Not that multi-use is a bad thing...but there was absolutely no reason to do what was done to that grassy area :(

it sucks a little that the possibility of having our trails torn out is real.but on the flip side if we could get some big name people to stand behind it plus all of us maybe we could actually get something changed. sitting on here bitchen about how the "secret trails"are getting torn down isn't accomplishing anything. besides if one gets torn down another one will pop up somewhere.maybe thats our problem we're trying to build them in the wrong spots
How many pros do you think are going to put anything of value to them on the line for a trail they used once, and will most likely never return to, to film a segment in an upcoming movie? Not saying that McCaul is a bad guy, but that is just wishful thinking. At the end of the day, the NWD crew will have some extra cash, McCaul will have a wicked segment, possibly some extra riders will call 27 "home", and the builders will just keep doing what they do best :)

The problem isn't that the trails are being built in the wrong spots...the problem is there are no "right" spots. As you said though, one gets nuked, another will be born. Perhaps someone looking to make a buck or three will realize that downhillers in this area need a place to call home...

*end rant*

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
How awesome would it be to buy a chunk of land in the middle of nowhere, build a bunch of sick trails, and charge $2 a shuttle up on saturdays.

We should get a monkey donate thread together :). Mabye Bill Gates or Paul Allen visit this site in secret.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
How awesome would it be to buy a chunk of land in the middle of nowhere, build a bunch of sick trails, and charge $2 a shuttle up on saturdays.

We should get a monkey donate thread together :). Mabye Bill Gates or Paul Allen visit this site in secret.
You read my (and probably everone else's) mind with that one :) With how much of a premium land is at these days, perhaps finding a way to get a grant for "testing the effects a stable habitat has on evolving mountain bikers" is the best option!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
What really sucks is that the natural amphitheater has been paved over to make way for more traffic up and down that area. Not that multi-use is a bad thing...but there was absolutely no reason to do what was done to that grassy area :(
Yeah, that kind of irked me when we went to stop at our nice lil' chill-spot before the grind up the hill. Now it looks so...un-natural.

Who knows, maybe they're getting ready to set up a USFS Shuttle Wagon and subsequent staging area?