Quantcast

McDonalds.

Sherminator

Chimp
Aug 28, 2004
Canada!
Well Im bored and i thought Id share my latest Mcdonalds expierence with RM.
I hadent eaten Mcdonalds in a long time and a coupl enights ago i went for a Big Mac..All i can say is that was probably the grasiest thing ive ever eaten.And their fries have enough salt to to salt your driveway with.The only good things are their new chicken strips...they were really good.This thread has no meaning but i thought you should know..dont eat at McDonalds.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I don't know why you would post this in the beer and FOOD forum, seeing how that crap isn't food. :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
BLECH! You actually eat that crap? Geez, do you also kill yourself with generic cigarettes? That's just nasty. The last time I ate at a McDonalds (years ago) I got sick and had that BigMac coming outta both ends.

C'mon man, if you're going to post about food at least make it good.... So last night I had my GF grill me up a big fat steak and then had her crack me open a Guinness... so smooooooth, so nice. (Having a broken leg does have it's advantages. In two more weeks I'll have to grill up the cow on my own, and get my own beer) See? Like that.

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
I figured out one thing when I went to Canada on vacation, the McDonald's there are way greasier than in the U.S.. The BigMag, called the Big and Tasty here, was so greasy when I had it. I usually can stand their food pretty good because it isn't so greasy here, but in Canada, wow, that was too much.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
You guys must have some weak stomaches. I mean McDonalds isnt great, but its not arsenic on a bun like you guys make it out either. I doubt its any worse for you than a big ass beef patty slapped together and grilled in your back yard that oozes grease when you eat it.
Get off the bandwagon. Fast food is fine in moderation.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
BurlySurly said:
You guys must have some weak stomaches. I mean McDonalds isnt great, but its not arsenic on a bun like you guys make it out either. I doubt its any worse for you than a big ass beef patty slapped together and grilled in your back yard that oozes grease when you eat it.
Get off the bandwagon. Fast food is fine in moderation.
Obviously you are correct. Call me a hippie, but my reason for not eating fast food is because I feel that they promote unhealthy eating and their advertizing is an insult to my intelligence. Something has to be pretty stupid to insult my intelligence :p

And I don't see how I'm on a bandwagon for not liking the majority of their menu, and not patronizing their business based on my personal reasons?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it's not about not eating it because it's bad for you. if i gave half a sh1t about that I wouldn't drink as much beer as I do and wear a helmet.

it's about quality. you don't buy low end crap parts for your bike, and i don't (usually) eat crappy fast food.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Echo said:
And I don't see how I'm on a bandwagon for not liking the majority of their menu, and not patronizing their business based on my personal reasons?
I mean if you dont like it, of course, dont eat it. But I was saying the bandwagon thing about the types that act like McDonald's is satan dressed up like a restuarant. Their ads are annoying but I dont take it on a personal level to the point that if Im hungry and its their I'll refuse it as a matter of principal. What victory is there in that? Then Im still hungry and McDonalds is still making stupid commercials that I have to hear.
And so they promote unhealthy eating? So does Mars Co., Pepsi, Coke, Little Debbie, Ball Park, Dominos, Hostess, and too many other companies to boycott. Why single out one? Its just food, not a lifestyle choice IMO.
But by all means, feel free to beleive what you want. Im just stating my place on it all.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
pnj said:
it's not about not eating it because it's bad for you.

it's about quality. you don't buy low end crap parts for your bike, and i don't (usually) eat crappy fast food.
:confused:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
BurlySurly said:
I dont take it on a personal level to the point that if Im hungry and its their I'll refuse it as a matter of principal.
Word. I mean, if I'm with a carload of people and they all want to go to McDonald's, I'm not gonna be a prick and say "we gotta go somewhere else, I don't eat there". Or if it's 3am and I'm on the Thruway and I'm so hungry I'm about to eat my steering wheel, I'll eat there. But I prefer to avoid it whenever possible. And I'm not just talking about Micky D's. All those fast food places are pretty much the same, and I avoid most of that other stuff you mentioned too :p

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Echo said:
Word. I mean, if I'm with a carload of people and they all want to go to McDonald's, I'm not gonna be a prick and say "we gotta go somewhere else, I don't eat there". Or if it's 3am and I'm on the Thruway and I'm so hungry I'm about to eat my steering wheel, I'll eat there. But I prefer to avoid it whenever possible. And I'm not just talking about Micky D's. All those fast food places are pretty much the same, and I avoid most of that other stuff you mentioned too :p

that is exactly why I put (usually) in my last post.

if it's 2:00AM, the bar just closed and I NEED food in my stomach, the drivethrough works pretty damm well. or, as mentioned, stuck in a car w/ a bunch of others and the car is headed towards one of those places, I'll be eating it as well. I may be dumb but I ain't a bitch.;)

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I hate McDonald's. I ate there on my way back from Northstar last Sunday and I was sick all night. I should've known better but the guys didn't want to stop for something else.

I spent a year in Okinawa, Japan and I visited the McDonald's out there. The burgers actually looked like they do in the pictures. All nice, neat and normal.