Quantcast

McEwans Scotch Malt Liquor

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I was looking for some random imports to try this weekend before I head to Chile next week. I stopped at the local liquor store, which doesn't have much int he way of beer (It's a "Select", Ie: they have fancy pants wines, Dom Perignon, Napoleon Brandy etc). Anyways, they had about a dozen or so imports that are actually imports, also known as not bottle by molson or labatt in Montreal.

Anyways, I grabbed some Mcewans Scotch Malt liquor and a few others. It's bottled in Edinburgh, is 8% and is quite good. Has a sort of creamy ale flavour, much mroe bold than Smithwicks, but same idea. It is a chocolate/caramel type flavour and very dark with a bizarre alcoholy mid taste, and a nice smooth, sweet aftertaste. I paid about $2.25cnd for it, not bad. Recommended.

Anyone have any recomendations for beers in Chile?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
When in Chile, try pisco. (not a beer)
I will be doing this. I hear it works well in coke, and they have some silly south american style fruity drinks it works well in too. I will be doing this as soon as I land. :)

I think in Chile you're expected to drink vino.
Not a fan of wine, and aspparently they have a pretty big German based beer culture as well.

If you like McEwan's do yourself a favor and if you ever see a beer called Black Douglas buy it, you won't be dissapointed.
I shall see what I can find, i need to locate a new import store now that I have moved.