Quantcast

McQuaid doesn't even trust them...

So McQuaid says here that he knew they had to go public with this right away because it would have been published in L'Équipe the next morning because the lab has close ties to the paper.
Doesn't this just all sounds fishy? The UCI president affraid of the leaked info from the french lab that conducted the test??

From Velonews.com:
"We decided to make an announcement right away because we have been criticized in the past for not doing so - particularly in the case of an important rider.

"Also, we know that the French laboratory [where the testing was done] has a close connection with [French sports daily] L'Équipe, and we did not want this news to come through the press, because we are sure they would have leaked it.

My issue is, if the lab cannot be 'professional' enough to do their job in private without jumping to a tabloid type of paper for sensationalism, then how can they be trusted they are doing their job correctly? How do we know they're not being paid off by someone...or something. I mean BIG MONEY makes people do things they normally wouldn't. (Like take drugs, I know I know...)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am going to start wearing a tinfoil cup. I don't want the French media using radio waves to alter my testosterone levels.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Richard Pound (head honcho for WADA) was on NPR yesterday evening......he isnt happy with how the UCI handles their "test procedures".......he has expressed his concern and offered help and they just block him out.

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
Apparently the French don't have the same privacy and ethical requirements for drs and labs the US has in place, too bad. I wonder how many French riders have tested positive. So much for integrity in a sport with none to spare.