Quantcast

?????mcv-pt?????

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
I need some help. Let me give you the basics.

I have Achilles Tendonitis in my left ankle also my left calf always seems to be wound up real tight and now when I run, my left knee is getting terribly sore.

I try to stretch extensively and properly, I take 1 Aleve two times a day per the Dr.'s orders for the tendonitis.

Could the knee pain be related to the other two issues? Should I increase my stretching?

Please:help:

MCV-PT

Chimp
Nov 4, 2001
KInda close to SK6
Dear Yossarain,

Always remember when you have an injury in one part of the kinetic chain another part has to compensate.:(

Achilles tendonitis is another tough one. Needs time to heal.
Continued trauma, like running, just aggravates the problem.

Have you tried putting a heel lift in your left shoe? That will take some of the stretch off the heel when you walk.

Also try heat prior to stretching. Ice after walk/running.

Keep on the anti-inflam. drugs and remember pain during an activity means stop!

Let me know if this helps Good luck!

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Thanks MCV.

I will try the heel lift and see if that helps and I will be more diligent with my stretching routine. I tried heat, but everytime I get the blow torch close to my leg, it hurts and I cry. Maybe if I used Ben Gay or Icy Hot instead? I will let you know what happens after a couple of days off of the treadmill.

I learned something through all of this. Do not put MCV's name in the title line, nobody will answer your question if you address it to one person.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Yossarian
Thanks MCV.

I learned something through all of this. Do not put MCV's name in the title line, nobody will answer your question if you address it to one person.
Sorry man. I would have replied, but I don't have any good advice for you. :( I've never expereinced that kind of thing.

We still love you. In a plutonic way, of course. ;)