Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
:cheers: ***Maryland Microbrewery Festival***:cheers:

Saturday - September 30, 2006
Beer Festival @ Micro Festival
Westminster, Maryland
410-848-2288

Event Details:
The Union Mills Homestead a nationally recognized historic landmark will host the first annual Maryland Microbrewery Festival on September 30, 2006 11AM – 7PM. This year’s inaugural kick-off of a fun-packed festival will celebrate and promote the best of Maryland’s handcrafted and distinctive microbrews.

Microbrew lovers, unite! Be among the charter members quaffing the very best of Maryland's handcrafted microbrews at the inaugural Maryland Microbrewery Festival, on the lush grounds of the historic Union Mills Homestead. Sample your favorite brew, or choose a new best 'bud.' Learn how those heady elixirs are made at brewing seminars. Nine participating Microbreweries display their wares in distinctive booths along Maryland Brewer's Row.

Take along non-imbibing pals: They get a reduced rate, can do the driving, and there's plenty besides brewskies brewing. Regional talent including the Charles Parker Band, Ray Owens, and the Salem Bottom Boys provide music and fun all day, and distinguished craft masters display their unique wares. Microbreweries include Clay Pipe, Johansson's, Wild Goose, Brewers Alley, Barley and Hops, Clipper City, DuClaw, Ellicott Mills and Baltimore-Washington Beer Works. This being the first year, crowds are a guesstimate, but Union Mills has plenty of free parking and 16 tranquil acres of parkland to roam. :brows:

Sanctioned by the State of Maryland as an Official Event
Site – 16 acres of open beautifully maintained parkland with easy access
Ample Free Parking
Food Vendors
Crafts and Unique Merchandise Vendors
Musical Entertainment throughout the event
Seminars to enhance the public’s knowledge of brewing
Terms and Conditions for participants will be mailed upon request
Each Microbrewery will have a prominent booth space on Maryland’s Brewer’s Row
11:00AM-7:00PM ($18 drinkers, $12 non-drinkers)

Official Event Website:http://unionmills.org/2006_events/2006_microbrewery.htm

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Was anyone planning on hittin' this up after riding Patapsco or the 'shed?

[EDIT]Also, Hashawa is 5 minutes away.[/EDIT]

Well...I'm gonna head on up to the festival with my bike just as soon as I finish mowing the lawn. If anyone else decides to come, I'll be the idiot with the silly grin and squinty eyes pusing a bike with one hand and quaffing a brew with the other. Be sure to say "hi"! :biggrin:

Props to Clipper City Brewing of Baltimore and their Heavy Seas "Sunken Sampler" : Loose Cannon, Peg Leg Imperial Stout, Winter Storm, and Small Craft Warning Uber Pils. There was a point on Saturday where the bluegrass music was really working for me and I primarily credit the 1-2 punch provided by the hoppy Small Craft Warning and malty Loose Cannon mugs poured by a most friendly crew.

Here's a link for descriptions==> http://clippercitybeer.com/home/beers_heavyseas.htm