Me and Midge hittin Mission Ridge/Devils Gulch on Sunday

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Snacks said:
Are you shuttling it or riding up?
Skookum and SM?

Well my guess is they aren't shuttling.........unless they have a fat arse like me tag along. ;) Then they would shuttle just so they didn't have to listen to me whining. lol

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
RhinofromWA said:
Then they would shuttle just so they didn't have to listen to me whining. lol
SM is an animal we could hitch you to a tow rope and have the midget get a real workout up the hill. :p

Snacks said:
Are you shuttling it or riding up?
Riding up, 3 other BBTC riders are goin and 2 are girls, you should come and try. It's a burly climb i won't lie, but it's a long gradual one versus a short steep bastard. It's one thing to get outta the shuttle on the top and see the view, but it's quite another getting that view knowing you climbed the good climb to get there. :)

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I'd love to go do that ride, but might be going to seattle to check out 5-spots..... that is after i mow lawn, and do other neglected house things.....

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
I'd love to go do that ride, but might be going to seattle to check out 5-spots..... that is after i mow lawn, and do other neglected house things.....
5 SPOTS :dancing: 5 SPOTS :dancing:

THEY ROCK :dancing:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I rode a Giant VT yesterday... :drool: :drool: :drool: I hucked my first 2 ft urban drop and... well sh*t, I thought you guys were core but - this thing ate it like butter. Its fun leaving tire tracks on the courthouse lawn.

I'm still banging the Y-Bike tough... :(

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
I rode a Giant VT yesterday... :drool: :drool: :drool: I hucked my first 2 ft urban drop and... well sh*t, I thought you guys were core but - this thing ate it like butter. Its fun leaving tire tracks on the courthouse lawn.

I'm still banging the Y-Bike tough... :(
Giant VT's are sooooooo last year. :blah:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
SM is an animal we could hitch you to a tow rope and have the midget get a real workout up the hill. :p

Riding up, 3 other BBTC riders are goin and 2 are girls, you should come and try. It's a burly climb i won't lie, but it's a long gradual one versus a short steep bastard. It's one thing to get outta the shuttle on the top and see the view, but it's quite another getting that view knowing you climbed the good climb to get there. :)
I would ride up, but I'm doing the ultimate oppisite on Sunday....DH riding with a shuttle :eek:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
PsychO!1 said:
I like the sound of the gradule part, sounds single speed freindly. How long???
14 miles to Mission Ridge Trailhead, it's single speed doable for sure. The thing about the climb is that the last few miles get steep, but not beyond the single speed threshold at any point.
The descent on Mission Ridge is very tasty, i know for a fact you'll dig it, or your money back. Of course Devils Gulch is baby butt smooth the whole way, you'll forget your on a hard tail by that point.....

Can the PsychO's come out and play?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Skookum said:
Giant VT's are sooooooo last year. :blah:
My buddy finally found one comeplete for $900.00 with hayes, XT/XTR, Psylo and freaking fat 2.4 - slow as hell going up but what a sweet ride on the flip side.

So then VTs are last year; Y-Bikes are retro???

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
I would ride up, but I'm doing the ultimate oppisite on Sunday....DH riding with a shuttle :eek:
traitor!!! :think: :p ;)

Gonna go ride some secret trails? :eek:

haha i'm cracking myself up here.....

Welp i'll get you out for at least one burly climb this year. :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
My buddy finally found one comeplete for $900.00 with hayes, XT/XTR, Psylo and freaking fat 2.4 - slow as hell going up but what a sweet ride on the flip side.

So then VTs are last year; Y-Bikes are retro???
VT's are very stable for descending, but i hated looking like a drunk overwieght penguin on the steep technical climbs. i'm pretty stoked on my enduro it truly is a decent "tweener" bike. kind of like the Y-bike of the new millineum. :rolleyes: :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Skookum said:
traitor!!! :think: :p ;)

Gonna go ride some secret trails? :eek:

haha i'm cracking myself up here.....

Welp i'll get you out for at least one burly climb this year. :)
Oh yes! Very serect KR trails :blah:

We will be free after the last weekend of July for all the epic rides to can toss at us. Just make sure they are on Saturday. Kevin only rides DH on the holy day :rolleyes:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So did we actually do this ride or was it just a dream?

I think this will be our core ride for Sept 24th. Will be setting up camp on Friday and doing a short ride. Sunday we will break camp after another short ride.

Any interest?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Serial Midget said:
So did we actually do this ride or was it just a dream?

I think this will be our core ride for Sept 24th. Will be setting up camp on Friday and doing a short ride. Sunday we will break camp after another short ride.

Any interest?
Holy Crap!? Talk about back in time! :D

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
Snacks said:
Holy Crap!? Talk about back in time! :D

I started reading the thread and thought that sounds cool-a ride tomorrow. Then I saw it was July and I thought-"ok, that was last month". That was a year ago! Anyway I am going back to the future with the Broken Spoke.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hey - I was just trying to remember is I have done this ride before - I've done 2 with Skookum but I believe we pedaled up the road. This time I want to do a trail loop. Also - last year year I was riding a 100mm SID SL - this year I am pimping a Fox 130mm coil. I think it might be more fun. :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Ok you ask for it you got it Master Sensei.

If you want to ride up Devils Gulch maybe we should just do the figure 8? Ride up the Gulch, pop out the forest road, burn up that last steep to Mission, but cross over to Mission for the last half of that. It's a spine ridge roller up down up down up down. Lemme know whacha wanna do.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I want to die and go to bikey heaven which is just over the ridge.

Skookum said:
Ok you ask for it you got it Master Sensei.

If you want to ride up Devils Gulch maybe we should just do the figure 8? Ride up the Gulch, pop out the forest road, burn up that last steep to Mission, but cross over to Mission for the last half of that. It's a spine ridge roller up down up down up down. Lemme know whacha wanna do.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Serial Midget said:
I want to die and go to bikey heaven which is just over the ridge.
It's a full meal deal then palsy walsy. My face is gonna get all salty after this grinder for sure. :dancing:
We should extend an invite out to Heidi and maybe Ridemonkey the first will make the trek up north for this one. Make a concrete date and time and repost it Midge, the tamaracs will be turnin yeller should be very nice happy bikey ride. :monkey: