Quantcast

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
No really.

as some of you may recall, my wife has fibromyalgia. Not a lot of fun for anyone.

As such, by the end of the day, she's sore and tired. We has meant for many years now, cooking dinner has been my job. And I'm not much of a cooker, so none of us have eaten too well.

So this year I got my wife a crock pot/slow cooker for her birthday. Now she gets dinner going in the morning when she still has energy. She dumps a bunch of stuff into the pot in the morning and basically leaves it until dinner. pot roast etc is a breeze.

We just had ribs....and they were awesome. Clean up is easy too.

thus proving the thread title: me = genius.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Still cooking poorly after years of experience is not what I would refer to as genius.
I can microwave the hell of of stuff....and bake chicken nuggets like nobody's business.

Getting home at 5:30 pm and only then deciding what's for dinner for 4 people....does not make for great meals.

The only thing I hate as much as cooking, is eating. If I could live on an all encompassing vitamin pill, I'd be a happy guy.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That's the equivalent of giving a paraplegic person in a regular wheelchair a motorized wheelchair: sure it's better for them, but you're still just saving yourself the hassle of pushing them.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Try this:
1 3lb pot roast
1 big jar of pepprochinis
1 big jar pickled red peppers
1 purple onion

Throw all of that in the crock pot, fluid and all from the peppers and pepprochinis.

Let it roll all day.

Toast a split down the center loaf of french bread.
Put some cheese on it.

Fork split everything, put on bread.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head