Quantcast

Meat Glue

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Wonder if that would work better than super glue the next time I cut myself open?

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
We make crab cakes using pureed raw shrimp as the binder (versus bread crumbs).
Meat glue is awesome.

SloMoJo

Monkey
Dec 17, 2002
New England
My gal ... wants to pay twice as much for meats ...just to make sure it is not scraps off the slaughter house floor glued together.

I just don't get it. :rolleyes:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The meat glue isn't what I'd be worried about. It's the quality of the "chunks" being glued together that weren't good enough the first time around.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Liquid chicken nuggets according to the image file name. I wish they kept it in that state so I could just drink it through a straw. Sip of that, sip of BBQ sauce. Wouldn't even have to chew.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I don't see a problem using "meat glue". If you have all these great pieces of meat leftover why not stick them together? It's a good way to cut down waste. Kinda like OSB. If they were bad cuts you would be able to tell when you cut it open. Plus, it makes no difference to me since I never eat steak.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
We're all gonna die. I'd like to die with 7 pounds of undigested red meat in my colon, just like John Wayne. If that means it needs to be glued together, so be it!

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I don't see a problem using "meat glue". If you have all these great pieces of meat leftover why not stick them together? It's a good way to cut down waste. Kinda like OSB. If they were bad cuts you would be able to tell when you cut it open. Plus, it makes no difference to me since I never eat steak.
I don't think the actual 'meat glue' is that bad, but the outside surface of the meat is exposed to more bacteria. The outside of the meat cooks more than the inside so if you eat a rare steak, it's usually fine because the bacteria on the outside of the steak has been cooked/killed. With the meat glue, the outside pieces of steak now become inside pieces that might not get cooked enough.

The biggest problem with 'meat glue' appears to be in the lack of labeling. You wouldn't want to eat a glued together steak rare, but most people probably can't tell the difference between the two.

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Fvcking nasty !

Amerkins eat way too much red meat and processed glop.

Side note: The last piece of beef I had was over 22 years ago. I hope it's not still in my colon.

1. Meat is delicious.
2. Yes, its still in your colon.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
We're looking at this meat glue thing all wrong. Think... turducken.

Now we can have a steak that is part porterhouse, filet mignon, tri tip, and sirloin.

We can call it PorMignTriLoin

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We're looking at this meat glue thing all wrong. Think... turducken.

Now we can have a steak that is part porterhouse, filet mignon, tri tip, and sirloin.

We can call it PorMignTriLoin
its been done... but the proper way.

bacon explosion and ham cooked inside of a pig roast.

ps i'm having turducken on saturday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I love bacoHamRoast... but that's pork

I was talking BEEF!

you're missing the point. you have to put one meat inside of the other, and those meats inside of a third. you're just putting 3 meats next to each other. you don't need glue for that. you need a plate.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I find this horrible. I personally prefer to see smaller cuts of meat thrown away. If an animal didn't want to be wasted it would have grown all of its tasty parts in 12 oz chunks or larger. I also find the fact that this "glue" is made from other meat. I prefer my foods made from petrolium products.