Quantcast

Meet My New Bike....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
ncj01 said:
:weee: ah, i'm just makin' stuff up...you're right though, on a geared bike the lever is opposite of drive side...but on a SS, I would consider putting the levers opposite of the disc's...also, your XTR reads upside down as it is...

But, you know, I'm all about how it looks...

SS or geared you should have the lever opposite of the disk for two reasons:

1. reduce the chance of contaminating disk with greasy fingers when removing a wheel.
2. reducing the chance of burning the crap out of your hand on a hot rotor if you flat on a long downhill.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Damn, N8, even your seatpost and rim graphics are color coordinated. What you need is a bolt-on 10mm axle from Hadley with red anodized axle nuts. It'd look cleaner and match :p

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Westy said:

1. reduce the chance of contaminating disk with greasy fingers when removing a wheel.
2. reducing the chance of burning the crap out of your hand on a hot rotor if you flat on a long downhill.

I did not know that!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Westy said:

but running the lever on the driveside you run into the issue of the derailleur housing and the derailleur getting in the way on a geared bike. plus if you take it off by wrapping your fingers around the lever and pushing off the other skewer part with your thumb you never touch the rotor.

benwitt11

Chimp
May 9, 2006
binary visions said:
Damn, N8, even your seatpost and rim graphics are color coordinated. :p
You're forgeting the matching all carbon stem, bars and cranks ;)

The grips, they're golden. Most comfortable things I've ever used. They're all natural even. Oh, and they're lighter than all get out. 60 gms or something along those lines. (For those who are counting.)

ncj01

Chimp
Aug 16, 2006
not yet...crossing fingers I'll have it by Friday....otherwise it won't show until next week, and i won't get to start my training until Saturday...the day before the race....

Also, slight change of plans, it's not going to be a KM afterall...it'll be lightweight alum hardtail...meaning I'm reeeeallly going to go fast with it being that light and all....

watchout!!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
not yet...crossing fingers I'll have it by Friday....otherwise it won't show until next week, and i won't get to start my training until Saturday...the day before the race....

Also, slight change of plans, it's not going to be a KM afterall...it'll be lightweight alum hardtail...meaning I'm reeeeallly going to go fast with it being that light and all....

watchout!!
Umm.... you do realize the xc race is on Saturday... right???

:p

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Here's what a cross-section of what the titanium wrapped carbon fiber burrito looks like:

holy crap. i thought that was just a graphic. that's some exotic stuff. very cool bike. great component spec & color coordination (i've got the red anno bits theme on my dh bike - a pseudo retro old school bmx aesthetic that i just love).