Quantcast

Meet the new Dean Ace 29er

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
most the 29" frames i see have scant clearance @ the rear wheel/seat tube space...that's a lot more than most, but does wheelbase length suffer as a result?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
for any more travel than 4'' you need a interupted seat tube.

that is if you want short chainstays.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
MMcG said:
I'm looking forward to reviews of Niner bikes' RIP 9

Looks like a big wheeled Balfa 2Step that's been put through refinement!
What I really want is the 6" travel proto version of the Niner Rip 9 that they chose not to bring to market in favor of the 4.5" version. So close...

el-cid

Chimp
Nov 4, 2004
Anaconda, MT, USA
bcd said:
for any more travel than 4'' you need a interupted seat tube.

that is if you want short chainstays.

I'm pretty sure by now that you can get 5" rockers for the Ventana ElCap and the SyCip/Curtlo variations that use that same rear end. I think the difference is the rockers and the seatstays/dropouts. The Chainstay length should remain the same?

Freder

Chimp
May 18, 2006
Boulder, CO
N8, Did you think of getting the Dean Duke as a 29er? I'm debating between the two and thinking maybe with the Ti frame and inherent 29 cushness, that the Duke will do me fine, but would appreciate comments. I'm 6'2", 175 and ride single track mostly, some rocky stuff at times, Leadville 100.
Thanks

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Freder said:
N8, Did you think of getting the Dean Duke as a 29er? I'm debating between the two and thinking maybe with the Ti frame and inherent 29 cushness, that the Duke will do me fine, but would appreciate comments. I'm 6'2", 175 and ride single track mostly, some rocky stuff at times, Leadville 100.
Thanks

Oh heck no! I am a Titus Racer-X 29er fan all the way!!!