Quantcast

Meeting about New Trails in Black Diamond - Tuesday

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
All mountain bikers, please attend the Friends of Rock Creek Valley Meeting where we'll be discussing mountain biking opportunities. BBTC will be forming a team from the community to develop new mountain bike trails on King County land.
There is a 200+ acre parcel of land that has been identified by King County as a good place for new mountain bike trails. This is very important since the trails we ride at Lake Sawyer are on private land that will eventually be developed.

Come to the meeting and we'll organize a community group, headed by BBTC, that will design and build this new trail system. The key to the sucess of this project is the involvement of local riders.

Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2005
Time: 7:00 PM

If you can't be at the meeting and would like to be invovled in this project, contact Justin Vander Pol at 206-524-2900 or justin@bbtc.org.

You can also talk to Peter at Black Diamond Bikes.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
FYI:
this 200 acres on opposite side of Blk Diamond system; basically its the land on the South End of Lk Sawyer along that gravely road & by Frog Lake (very big pond). accessible fr/ Toy Tree trail via main gravel road that is on PCC (Palmer-Coking Coal Co.) land. Before you ride this area, PLEASE do stop in @ the PCC Company Office (before noon on Saturdays) & get an access permit card - its rite next to the Black Diamond Bike Shop on Hwy 169. You can a really great trail map of this area @ the bike shop, too

juice

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
Seattle
coiler7 said:
this 200 acres on opposite side of Blk Diamond system; basically its the land on the South End of Lk Sawyer along that gravely road & by Frog Lake (very big pond). accessible fr/ Toy Tree trail via main gravel road that is on PCC (Palmer-Coking Coal Co.) land.
Mark, I think we're talking about different parcels of land. This opportunity is a bit North of the current Sawyer trails, and is on King County land. We'll go over all of this at the meeting on Tuesday, and then I'll try and get some details posted online afterwards for folks who couldn't attend.

Langer, this is a different project than Sugarloaf. For the 'loaf' we still need to find a way to gain access to the property, probably by purchasing some land. I'll be meeting with the Director of King Co. parks in the next couple weeks to talk about this and come up with a game plan.

The goal of this current project is to be an eventual replacement for teh trails at Lake Sawyer. This probably means they'll be xc, expecially since its xc type land without substantial downhill terrain. We'll know more after we walk the entire site and start working with King Co. on design approval. I'd like to see xc that includes some fun technical trail features.

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
thats good that its not where i was told :thumb: a few yrs ago. there is still a KC parks sign where I'm talking about but maybe just going to be picnic park...

coiler7

Monkey
May 30, 2005
Kent, WA
unfortunately i cannot make the tuesday mtg due to a hair salon appt after work - FOR MY GIRLFRIEND, that is! :mad:
Hey, seriously, I will help in new trail design & bldg - anyone else who's interested should coord w/ STMCC, Peter @ Blk Dia. Shop & Jim Hendricks (Lk Sawyer cartographer)