Quantcast

meeting some people in falls city 8/2......

RhinofromWA said:
If I went you would have to wiat for and coach me. :D
i guess i should clarify....
you won't have to coach/wait for us... (i know some people don't like this)
we could care less if we have to coach or wait for you, we are just down for the ride.....
so if you're feeling the itch, give me a call by tuesday morning and we'll hook up for some fun riding....

mike henderson
408-204-6276

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hey Mike,
I assume you mean, "Fall City" ? The area where the annual MS Mountain Bike Ride is held and commonly called Tokul Creek? If so, you might want to know that that area has been closed since July 23rd to public use due to extreme fire danger. Just found out about it myself. There's probably signs on the main access gates. (If they have not been torn down yet.)
Same thing with the Port Blakely property that consists of most of the Tolt riding area across the valley.

Just passing along info. So, don't shoot the messenger. Hancock Timber has a hotline that you can call for latest info on recreational use on their property.

Borneo said:
Hey Mike,
I assume you mean, "Fall City" ? The area where the annual MS Mountain Bike Ride is held and commonly called Tokul Creek? If so, you might want to know that that area has been closed since July 23rd to public use due to extreme fire danger. Just found out about it myself. There's probably signs on the main access gates. (If they have not been torn down yet.)
Same thing with the Port Blakely property that consists of most of the Tolt riding area across the valley.

Just passing along info. So, don't shoot the messenger. Hancock Timber has a hotline that you can call for latest info on recreational use on their property.
holy crap!! thanks for the info...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Sure. No problem. See the post from Juice below for more info on the BBTC web page. It's never "good" news when you get a closure. But, ok with me if I get to ride/build for the rest of the year.
Looks like 3 trails, "Ridge Bypass", "Anita's", and "Steakhouse" are flagged for selective cutting. I have an inside and hoping to find out exactly when so we can get back out there and open them right back up before the slash settles.

2-3 days of good rain will open it all back up. But, forcasts look unlikely for almost a month... As someone else said, "Now's the time to hit all the places that are too sloppy to ride during the wet months."

WARider

Monkey
May 21, 2003
Sup WCH,
Not sure where you were planning on riding but...
You could always travel up this way to Seattle and I could show you and your crew some good stuff. We've got it all.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
Borneo,
I'm not sure where the "Fall City" you are talking about is. WCH, myself, and some guys from Eugene will be in Falls City, Oregon at the Blackrock trails on Tuesday the 3rd. These trails are not closed due to fire hazard. For more information on the area see blackrockfreeride.org, or norware.com/biking.

thanks

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
My bad then. I meant Fall City, WA.
Keep forgetting there's anything outside the Evergreen State... :rolleyes:
Although I was pretty stoked to ride Bend and McKenzie in early June...