Quantcast

Meg Whitman smear job

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Yeah, doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that these allegations are pure BS. Wonder how much Jerry Brown paid for this professional smear job?

Meg paid the housekeeper $23 an hour, and paid her taxes.

What kind of idiot would hire an illegal alien to pay them $23 an hour, and pay taxes on their wages?

Not the CEO of a major company, that's for sure.

Damn, I wish I made that much, and I'm a US citizen with a college degree...guess I should present myself as an illegal. Apparently it pays better, though $23 an hour is not nearly enough according to Gloria Allread. I'll have to give her a call, she can represent me.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Wait, illegals pay taxes? But that's not what the teabaggers keep telling us....

And what about the allegations are "BS"? She hired an illegal immigrant to clean her house. At the VERY least her husband knew that she was an illegal immigrant. Oooops.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Its not as if these 'illegal aliens' are undocumented and work under the table. They pay for SS #'s and get documents which give them a resemblance of legality. When they show up for work, they have paperwork that has a SS # for taxes. The names may not add up, but for work purposes it looks legal. FYI it is extremely prevalent, especially in places like California

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Well, I think it is a BS issue which will be forgotten in 30 days.

I prefer Colin Powell's response about hiring illegals.:

In his interview with David Gregory, Powell stated, "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Its not as if these 'illegal aliens' are undocumented and work under the table. They pay for SS #'s and get documents which give them a resemblance of legality. When they show up for work, they have paperwork that has a SS # for taxes. The names may not add up, but for work purposes it looks legal. FYI it is extremely prevalent, especially in places like California
$20 at the Greyhound station in Woodburn, OR. I was talking to a guy about it and he showed me his. I was blown away, it looked better than the one I have. He paid taxes and never filed a return because it's some dead guys SSN. It's free money for the tax man.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
To be fair, it's not like Meg Whitman was paying attention when she hired her. Who knew that in 10 years she'd have to demagogue the issue to pander to racist assholes and retards like our illustrious thread starter?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I'd like to point out that Mrs. Whitman was paying a house keeper $23 bucks an hour. Isn't one of her "selling" points that shes such a savvy business woman? She could have got Merry Maids to clean her house for 10 bucks an hour. I don't have a business degree but that doesn't seem all that smart to me. :confused:

$20 at the Greyhound station in Woodburn, OR. I was talking to a guy about it and he showed me his. I was blown away, it looked better than the one I have. He paid taxes and never filed a return because it's some dead guys SSN. It's free money for the tax man.
I'll have to see if I can find it again but I seem to recall reading somewhere that because of this, the "cost" of illegal immigration is actually pretty close to a wash.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'd like to point out that Mrs. Whitman was paying a house keeper $23 bucks an hour. Isn't one of her "selling" points that shes such a savvy business woman? She could have got Merry Maids to clean her house for 10 bucks an hour. I don't have a business degree but that doesn't seem all that smart to me. :confused:

I'll have to see if I can find it again but I seem to recall reading somewhere that because of this, the "cost" of illegal immigration is actually pretty close to a wash.
maybe she's one of those house keepers that cleans in the nude?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Well, I think it is a BS issue which will be forgotten in 30 days.

I prefer Colin Powell's response about hiring illegals.:

In his interview with David Gregory, Powell stated, "They're all over my house, doing things whenever I call for repairs, and I'm sure you've seen them at your house. We've got to find a way to bring these people out of the darkness and give them some kind of status."
funny....but didn't he recant that statement?

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
i always wondered how that proceess was.

you send money to a ssn # which doesnt exist.
what happens are the SS office? the guy processing the payments says "hey, this does not belong here, and calls whoever send the money???"
or they just add it up to a fat single account for all taxpayers????

I mean, social security HAS to know this things are happening.... yet they will happily take illegal aliens money in exchange of nothing...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I mean, social security HAS to know this things are happening.... yet they will happily take illegal aliens money in exchange of nothing...
Take a penny, leave a penny. Aren't those pennies for everyone? My guess is it gets pocketed by someone.