Quantcast

Megavalanche Race - PERU

wayodh

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
Peru
This March 30 we will have for 4th year in a row this incredible race in Peru. We had on the past top racers like Steve Peat, Cedric Gracia, Fabian Barel, Brian Lopes, and much more.

This year we already have the confirmation of 2 top 10 and a lot of racers from South America. In South America we have a good racing level. It's coming the 3 times Pan-Am Champion with the National Team from Ecuador, 20 racers from Chile and others from Colombia, Brasil, Bolivia, Argentina, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Guatemala, Panama, USA, Canada and some countries from Europe.

I think that it's going to be the most challenging race in Peru in all the Mountain Bike history. Even more challenging than the time that Peat won the event because we are having more good level racers.

Besides the level of the riders, the trails are in their best conditions. We are riding a lot in Cusco area and also on the Andes of Lima and we are enjoying like never the trails. We are planning to ride for 10 days prior to the race to enjoy all the trails we have in Lima and Cusco and also get to the race in better conditions and totally acclimatized to the altitude.

We still have some spaces available and we hope you can make this trip of the lifetime.

The following pictures were taken in Marcahuasi Downhill Trail, near Lima.

http://good-times.webshots.com/video/3090067610102832097kzZUJF

freakrock

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Santiago de Chile
Since the guys from "al mango" (cable mágico TV)came to Valparaiso Cerro Abajo 2006, i've been wishing to go to cuzco and race the mega avalanche.
i hope i can make it there this year!

wayodh

Chimp
Nov 24, 2006
Peru
see you in Peru guys!
You will know a different level of making downhill. The trails are not made for downhill, they were build hundreds and thousands of years ago to walk, that's the difference with other trails around the globe.
Go to a gym! :) You will need a lot of arms, legs and balls!

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Looks like great fun. I will be doing the one in France but perhaps Peru next year ;) Have fun to all that race it

JudgeDH

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
Wayo, from the videos 'saw a lot of different bikes there. For riding in Cuzco (not just the race), a full DH bike or a FR bike with single crown?