Quantcast

~!~ Meh Monday GMT ~!~

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Yup, it's that day again.

This weekend was pretty tame. Lots of relaxing around the house and watching sports. Went riding for a couple hours yesterday to test out the knee since I hurt it (again). Felt old since I had to break out the knee sleeve in order to ride with minimal pain.

Question... anyone out there use a knee sleeve to help with knee pain? I need a new one but not sure if anyone has any recommendations on a fairly inexpensive one.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
vacation over.

enjoyed last three days of driving nowhere.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin.

Still kinda tired. Big hike on Saturday followed by assisting a friend moving yesterday. This weekend had far too little me time.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Still figuring out the new baby.

Managed a ride with a work colleague who is just getting into riding. Was pretty fun showing him some new terrain. Gosh I'm a nice guy...

Also still struggling with DH fork decisions. New? used? I just dunno.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I think there's a civil war brewing in my colonic bacteria. Pooped three times this morning within an hour and a half, yet they were all normal/formed poops! Go figure.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
4 weeks until the race. 2 weeks active training, 1 week taper, then 1 week maintain/travel. I'm down to 215#, so that's 35# off since mid-May. I'm shooting to be down to 210# by race weekend, which I think is totally reasonable.

I'm planning on keeping on pace and signing up for the half-Ironman in Oceanside in spring and Boulder in early-summer. That will give me something to keep training for.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Spent the weekend with the ladies fam, had a good time. Went to a wicked divey hick bar full of folks she went to school with and that was the funniest thing all weekend. Wicked tired, but at least I got some sleep last night.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
T

That was fast...

Weather cooperated more this year?
it was 11 or 12 days...

weather has been in the 70's-80's the whole time i've been in wyoming/montana/colorado....about a 30-40 degree difference over last year...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Howdy all. I think there's a civil war brewing in my colonic bacteria. Pooped three times this morning within an hour and a half, yet they were all normal/formed poops! Go figure.
a friend of mine from high school who always had bowel issues died from colon cancer in his early to mid 30's.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
gotta get a goddam colonoscopy in december. >.<

anywho...TMI, i suppose but we were talking about colons & shit.

Had a wonderful weekend with my ol' lady & the dawgs in the Sierra. Hard to believe those mountains are 4 hours from my driveway. Makes Vegas bearable.

Epic views are epic.

^la took that one.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
a friend of mine from high school who always had bowel issues died from colon cancer in his early to mid 30's.
I've definitely seen cases of unfortunate people in their early 30s with metastatic this or that. Hell, saw one the other day on a teenager.

If you have the bad luck to have the genetics for a, say, faulty DNA mismatch repair mechanism, then you're going to die of cancer, one for or the other, and modern medicine has little to offer.