Quantcast

))//**mehsdaygfmt**\\((

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Back to work after five days off, but at least this is only a three day work week now. I had a productive five days....
-Picked fresh peaches and secured honeycrisp apples
-Ran 50 miles
-Bought a tri bike
-Watched lots of sports on the TV
-Slept a lot. A lot.
-Did not check work e-mail, which I think was my biggest accomplishment

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies! The smell of canned cat food in the morning is awsome!

Today is filled with much excitement; first I am having a huge bowl of shredded wheat, blue berries and 1% milk then maybe some coffee. I may have to pace myself.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Its a poopy rainy day out up here. I wish I had my bike lights for tonight, it isn't looking like the sun will make an appearance.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
today is going to be a long day. Little one is fighting a cold, and was up three times last night. and up for good at 5:30. I hope this humidity breaks soon, it's driving me nuts, turning me into a full-on nutjob.

mornin'

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
brown acid type night tonight

uncle acid
ruby the hatchet
ecstatic vision

i hate driving to atlanta.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Up at 5am to ride. Good to get moving again after eating and drinking too much on our mini vacation. Boys will be back from Denmark on Friday after a summer in Denmark. Looking forward to get them back.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
You'd earn mad knar respect if you rode an Iron Horse in your triathlon.

I've decided to return to 50K trail runs in my 50th year, this summer I managed 19 miles on single track and it layed me out for over a week. My new plan is to start out slow then back off.
Ultra trail running...you guys are nuts. Some of the reports and pictures I've seen though...you don't get views like that doing your town's 5K.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Idle went to hell and threw a CEL last night on the ///M. Checked the error codes and a LOT came up. Getting startup misfires on the entire left-bank (5-6), VANOS intake issues, Intake and OuttakeCam Position Sensor errors on left bank, and O2 errors on left exhaust. My mileage fell off over the last two tanks, so if it's what I think it, it's just the MAF sensors that need to be replaced. If not, next step is fuel filter, and if not that, probably the fuel pump. The first two are easy and cheap (<$500 DIY). If it's the third, it's going to the shop and I'm eating another $600. I really hope it's just the MAF sensors.

On a positive note, I should be picking up quite a bit more power once I get it all sorted out. It's felt slow, like I'm short 100-or so HP, so that's dandy.

Going to see Tim McGraw tonight at Red Rocks. Not anywhere near my choice, but Wifey likes it. Tomorrow is my last day in my group. Go on vacation for a week and come back to start with new group. Looking forward to it.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Got me a new niece today!! It's been brutally hot here, makes me happy to leave my family with the swamp cooler and go to my nice air conditioned double wide office. Coffee time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Idle went to hell and threw a CEL last night on the ///M. Checked the error codes and a LOT came up. Getting startup misfires on the entire left-bank (5-6), VANOS intake issues, Intake and OuttakeCam Position Sensor errors on left bank, and O2 errors on left exhaust. My mileage fell off over the last two tanks, so if it's what I think it, it's just the MAF sensors that need to be replaced. If not, next step is fuel filter, and if not that, probably the fuel pump. The first two are easy and cheap (<$500 DIY). If it's the third, it's going to the shop and I'm eating another $600. I really hope it's just the MAF sensors.

On a positive note, I should be picking up quite a bit more power once I get it all sorted out. It's felt slow, like I'm short 100-or so HP, so that's dandy.

Going to see Tim McGraw tonight at Red Rocks. Not anywhere near my choice, but Wifey likes it. Tomorrow is my last day in my group. Go on vacation for a week and come back to start with new group. Looking forward to it.

Don't forget the simple stuff, fouled spark plugs can cause the misfire and 02 sensor errors. Unlike the other parts you listed, they are regular maintenance items.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Don't forget the simple stuff, fouled spark plugs can cause the misfire and 02 sensor errors. Unlike the other parts you listed, they are regular maintenance items.
I am at 90k right now, so mileage for replacement of the fuel filter (100k) and MAF (50k).

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Meh. At least it's already Wednesday. It was nice having four days off with no work, no obligations, and just relaxing. We were supposed to go to Vegas over Labor Day weekend, but fell through the last minute, so I just got to stay home, chill in the pool and do whatever I felt like. It's supposed to be 100 here today though...at least it's less humid than it was.

So preoccupied lately and haven't been able to got to bed, been staying up late working on stuff in the garage. Have had free plans for a 2x72" belt grinder for a while now, finally got around to cutting parts out of 3/8" steel scrap.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Up at 5am to ride. Good to get moving again after eating and drinking too much on our mini vacation. Boys will be back from Denmark on Friday after a summer in Denmark. Looking forward to get them back.
i can't wait till my kids are old enough to ship off... their grandma is in France, and they have aunts and uncles in Chile... i just hope their mom feels the same way I do about this...

Food truck festival outside my office. Peruvian 'seco de pollo' for lunch, and churros for dessert. yum!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got an interesting call. Wifey ran into a broker we had been talking with in the past, but did nothing with. She has a couple that are looking for houses with our finish, in our price range and wants to walk them through. On Sunday, we decided it was better to add more storage to the basement and finish the bathroom (last thing Wifey doesn't like). This is an interesting development.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
We started in on the red delicious today. These little trees ripened up faster than the other blocks. Hopefully we can take 200 bins out before the day is over. Still no child care for lil one so I am hamstrung to accomplish any large task at work.

reds2015.jpg

Going to try and glean a box of pears, which will be traded for taco truck lunch.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We started in on the red delicious today. These little trees ripened up faster than the other blocks. Hopefully we can take 200 bins out before the day is over. Still no child care for lil one so I am hamstrung to accomplish any large task at work.
Really stupid question: While at the orchard this past weekend, I noticed all the fruit that had fallen to the ground. Looks like there was more on the ground than in the trees. Do the orchards do anything with all the fallen fruit, like gather it up and make compost or something out of it? Or does it stay on the ground and just decompose naturally?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Really stupid question: While at the orchard this past weekend, I noticed all the fruit that had fallen to the ground. Looks like there was more on the ground than in the trees. Do the orchards do anything with all the fallen fruit, like gather it up and make compost or something out of it? Or does it stay on the ground and just decompose naturally?
Ever heard of calvados? :D

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If the trees set a heavy crop we often go through and thin out the apples so they're spaced apart. Heres a bunch of Goldens we haven't picked yet, but we thinned them a few months ago and all that fruit is still on the ground.

thinned goldens.jpg

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
i can't wait till my kids are old enough to ship off... their grandma is in France, and they have aunts and uncles in Chile... i just hope their mom feels the same way I do about this...
This was the first time we have tried it. Grandma will fly back with them so we have to wait and see what she has to say first if there will be another trip next year but its been great for the boys. The oldest one has also been going to school in Denmark as school started there 3 weeks ago. Next year the youngest one could go to school there too which would make it easier.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Meeting fest today.

I brought a peach from home. It looked so good. I was looking forward to it. It was mealy paste.