Quantcast

))//**mehsdaygfmt**\\((

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That's one powerful looking sex toy you're planning.

Just got an interesting call. Wifey ran into a broker we had been talking with in the past, but did nothing with. She has a couple that are looking for houses with our finish, in our price range and wants to walk them through. On Sunday, we decided it was better to add more storage to the basement and finish the bathroom (last thing Wifey doesn't like). This is an interesting development.
Translation: You had decided on renovating your current house but now that there may be interested buyers you're reneging on your plan? :D

I have been busy. Hopefully less busy this afternoon--finishing out the day, working on the still-not-booting-properly Hackintosh, and then attending a rehearsal for an on-campus orchestra that I expect to be amazingly terrible.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
This is an option. But grandmère has a farm. And a farm means manual labour. And they need to learn the value of real work.
True. THAT! My parents have a small farm (just 20 mins away!) that we take Lucas to often when we need a date night, have to work late, or whatever may be. Extremely grateful to have my parents and their farm available nearly always, and also the hubby's parents and aunt on the sitter roster as well! Good luck with the vasectomy! Just did our final test :brows: we are pretty happy with the results!

Work is work. And extremely worky today! I'm looking forward to a run and ride tonight!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No more meh today. I had a grrreat night ride with friends, 12 miles of very fun technical singletrack. The night's been great, very warm with light breeze and rolling thunder in the distance.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
hey toshi ... have you ridden since you've been here?
Nope. Been hiking with the family, off-roading in the Land Cruiser, but the only biking I've been doing is the commute to/from work.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
O
What did you get?
Only 4 for me. 1x Rock Razor super gravity trail star, 1x super gravity hans dampf trailstar, 1 snakeskin Hans Dampf trailstar, 1 snakeskin hans dampf pacestar. They were less than half the price of retail up here, and actually below cost for retailers... The rock razor and pacestar hans dampf are my "throw away" tires for Sedona in November.

When I looked at the pile of tires with cuts in the sidewall near the bead (rendering them useless for tubeless) that were still in mint condition, I realized I needed tires with burlier sidewalls on the back wheel. That pile has over $1000 in tires in it.

Schwalbe seems to be the only tire manufacturer making good, solid tires for 26" wheels anymore. I'd like to try Maxxis DD tires, but they don't seem to be available in 26". I could have tried the WTB vigilante in their enduro casing with the high grip rubber, but they were more expensive than the Schwalbe, and I'm not sure they would have been much better.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Schwalbe seems to be the only tire manufacturer making good, solid tires for 26" wheels anymore. I'd like to try Maxxis DD tires, but they don't seem to be available in 26". I could have tried the WTB vigilante in their enduro casing with the high grip rubber, but they were more expensive than the Schwalbe, and I'm not sure they would have been much better.
Try Specialized GRID tires. The (650b) Slaughter I have in the back has been able to deal with our east coast rocks better than any other tire I tried so far.

Then there is this Chunky Monkey that I am planning to ride on the B6-er.
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYOOCM26X24/on-one-chunky-monkey-26x24-tyre

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Try Specialized GRID tires. The (650b) Slaughter I have in the back has been able to deal with our east coast rocks better than any other tire I tried so far.

Then there is this Chunky Monkey that I am planning to ride on the B6-er.
http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYOOCM26X24/on-one-chunky-monkey-26x24-tyre
I'd like to try the Slaughter, but as you point out, only available in 650 bees.

Also, the only Specialized dealer around me has pretty much given up on carrying mountain bike stuff. It used to be locally-owned fairly large sporting goods store that knew it's market pretty well, but they just were bought by a large Toronto-based "active lifestyle" store (Sporting Life). Their cycling selection is pretty much limited to mid-level commuting stuff, and maybe high-end roady stuff. They can get everything from Specialized in, but they don't stock it. If I'm paying full pop for stuff, I'd like to see it first. And that's the thing, the last time I checked, the Grid tires were running close to $90 MSRP. And the last time I had some, it wasn't quite tough enough, I think I got 6-8 weeks out of it before cutting the sidewall. I'd also like to try Specialized's 2FO shoes, but I'm not sure what size I need, and again, I'd rather not pay full MSRP, especially at the end of the season... when things usually go on sale here.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Effing hit 112* today, the Paratransit Buse's AC got one hell of a workout
is there a formula to figure out the effectiveness of said AC as you gradually increase the amount of human flesh you add to the interior of the vehicle?