Quantcast

Meirhaeghe returns...

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yep dopers are the suck.
At least Meirhaeghe fessed up when he got caught though.
I wish more would do the same instead of making up stories like
"Hey, I did not dope, it was my twin who has been living in my scrot all these years. He is the real doper."

Or he could have just pulled a "Palmiero" and said, "I thought it was a shot of vitamins." Scum.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Jeremy R said:
Yep dopers are the suck.
"Hey, I did not dope, it was my twin who has been living in my scrot all these years. He is the real doper."

Or he could have just pulled a "Palmiero" and said, "I thought it was a shot of vitamins." Scum.
Either way, they should be banned for life. One chance.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
That f Vcker seduced my best friend's fiancee while she was working as a massuese in Europe. She stuck with him for a while after all of the doping scuttlebut, but i don't know if she hung around..I doubt it. I've never met the dude, but I personally did not trust him for the last 5 years, as you can imagine. It is a shame that a country that can produce such fine lambic ales can also produce such scum.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Jeremy R said:
Yep dopers are the suck.

It is hard to see a bright side with Meirhaeghe. For me, he was my favorite XC guy. He was a motor on the bike, and seemed like a nice guy off it as well.

When your hero falls, he falls far.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
blue said:
Who the hell is going to sponsor him?
Meirhaeghe back at Landbouwkrediet-Colnago

2003 Mountainbike World Champion Filip Meirhaeghe has signed a three-year contract with Belgian Continental Pro team Landbouwkrediet-Colnago, for whom he had already raced in 2002. The 34 year-old will participate in Road as well as Mountainbike races, as this discipline is still the Belgian's greatest ambition. Therefore, the team has announced the creation of a mountainbike team named Versluys-Landbouwkrediet-Sportstech.

"I've known Filip Meirhaeghe as a valuable rider on road, mountainbike and even track," said the team's general manager Gerard Bulens. "Indeed, I'm a great supporter of his and want to give him a second chance." Meirhaeghe tested positive for EPO at the Mont Saint Anne race in Canada in June 2004 and then admitted his doping offense openly. While being punished with a 15-month ban from cycling, the Belgian wrote a book (Positive). His ban is due to end on January 14, 2006.

"I'm very happy and would like to thank all my sponsors," Meirhaeghe said. "I will keep on fighting and do everything I can to fulfil my promises. I shouldn't say this but Beijing 2008 could be a goal for me; at least I have two years to prepare for it."

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
rideit said:
That f Vcker seduced my best friend's fiancee while she was working as a massuese in Europe. She stuck with him for a while after all of the doping scuttlebut, but i don't know if she hung around..I doubt it. I've never met the dude, but I personally did not trust him for the last 5 years, as you can imagine. It is a shame that a country that can produce such fine lambic ales can also produce such scum.

That sucks....... definantly shady

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
sanjuro said:
It is hard to see a bright side with Meirhaeghe. For me, he was my favorite XC guy. He was a motor on the bike, and seemed like a nice guy off it as well.

When your hero falls, he falls far.
Oh, I don't want to put my arm around him and hand him a lollipop.
I was just stating that the druggie at least admitted it when most of them don't.
Either way he lost though.
People will always know that he is a cheater where ever he races.
That is some $hit you just can't get off your shoe.
It may not be a lifetime ban, but it is a lifetime punishment.
Ask OJ. :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Heidi said:
Dammit, you beat me to it.

It won't take two years to hide doping.
That's what happens when you are awake at 3am, surfing Flemish websites for up-to-date cycling news.

As for hiding doping, paging dr ferrari...

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
rideit said:
C'mon. Your best friend's fiancee was a whore. Unless she was underaged, it takes two to tango, y'know...