Quantcast

memorial weekend respects paid here.......

gonefirefightin

free wieners
First and foremost to ALL military and civilains who have given thier life for this countries freedom, and those commrades who have fallen from other countries I have fought with, you deserve nothing but the same respect and honor.

for me personally......

Army Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker .....I wish things would have turned out different brother...we all wanted to go back after you. your parents say hi and we will be fishing next weekend in your honor....

Army Staff Sgt. Kevin D. Davis....."chit happens" ....we never got to finish those rides and I know how much you hated that route. I have been blasting coyotes non stop for ya brother! the kids say hey!

SSG Faoa Viki Apineru......AP, your brother finally got my tats done, looks awesome, you cant complain any more about unfinished work. utah will never be the same without ya bra! me and angelo will have a few drinks on your barstool when were in town next month. not a day goes by when I dont think of you when I swing a rope or load the horse trailer....

Sgt. Frank Sandoval.......frankie.....you never could win a wheelchair race and your momma dressed you funny, I hope you finally got to see the things you wanted to see. The crew from palo alto sends love and props. (PS. the pizza stain is still on the ceiling)

Army ranger Mark Renninger......I told you that much coffee would kill ya brother!, fam is doing fine, and things are well....no need to worry, I got your back.

that is all.........

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return." - Colin Powell

Thanks to all.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Soldier, rest! Thy warfare o'er,
Sleep the sleep that knows not breaking,
Dream of battled fields no more.
Days of danger, nights of waking. -Sir Walter Scott

Thank you doesn't begin to express our gratitude.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Thanks to everyone who had the balls to make a sacrifice that I didn't have the balls to. I promise to not take for granted the freedoms I have that you put yourself in peril for. God bless you all.....

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
There is nothing I can say that will truly thank my fellow Americans who have given their lives in defense of our nation. So I will only say Thank you.

Last edited:

Al C. Oholic

Monkey
Feb 11, 2010
FoCo
To all my buddies overseas right now, be safe, wish I was there with ya. And Tim, if you read this, please bring home Erica and Richard? Those two make me giggle.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
To all who served before me, with me, and long after I'm gone.

Thanks to you, Brett and all my friends who have done what they do for us all.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
First and foremost to ALL military and civilains who have given thier life for this countries freedom, and those commrades who have fallen from other countries I have fought with, you deserve nothing but the same respect and honor.

Army ranger Mark Renninger......I told you that much coffee would kill ya brother!, fam is doing fine, and things are well....no need to worry, I got your back.

that is all.........
I have a tertiary relationship to Mark...but enough to influence my path.

Thank you all.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I will never forget a Memorial Day trip to the American cemetary in Lorraine France a few years ago when I was stationed in Germany. My son asked me if "These are all the guys who died in the war?" and I had to explain to him that it was only one small cemetary...not even one tenth of the total KIAs. And then to realize that the men buried there were closer to his age than mine...talk about sobering.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I added a few new ones to my list of those to remember this year

Army Sgt. Robert Shure, Captured Battle of the Bulge, Interred by SS at a Concentration camp with the Surviving members of his Heavy Machine gun squad. Wt at Capture 195#, weight when the camp was liberated by the Russians 95#

He passed away at the VA of a heart attack a few months ago

Thanks for what You Did Uncle

Owen, A WW1 Vet that I took care of over a two year period, I thank you for what you taught me. And Owens grandson who died in the line of Duty one week after his grandfather passed, he left us way too soon, Thank you both.

Last edited:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Its funny, from my chalk all of the guys are still alive. Thirteen of us in, thirteen of us out. Still in contact with them.

None the less, I hate this ****ing weekend.

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
Every time I toast a glass of brew it's to freedom. A lot of people think I'm joking because maybe it seems cliche'. But I never am. It's a thanks that I always feel I owe to all of the men and women who've died for our country which allows me to sit at home on this memorial weekend and enjoy a delicious beer without fear or worry. It's not everywhere on this planet that people have such a privilege.

So if I may. TO FREEDOM!
:cheers:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
There is nothing I can say that will truly thank my fellow Americans who have given their lives in defense of our nation. So I will only say Thank you.
:stupid:

A year later and I am no more eloquent than I was when I wrote the above, so I will again not try, and just say Thank You.

Last edited:

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
"...that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—"

Rest on embalmed and sainted dead!
Dear as the blood ye gave;
No impious footstep here shall tread
The herbage of your grave;
Nor shall your glory be forgot
While Fame her record keeps,
For honor points the hallowed spot
Where valor proudly sleeps.

Thanks to all my brothers and sisters who have given the supreme sacrifice and bless those they left behind.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I'm fortunate that my memories are are all for the living, and I thank them.

I thank all those don't know, living and dead. Nothing I can type on the Internet can show enough respect.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I hate seeing how many people celebrate this weekend without having a proper clue as to what they are celebrating. There is a lack of solem in most homes these days.

Today, i sit in peace and thanks to those who volunteered, and those of whom were called into duty for our country, our freedom, our way of life.

I do not head out for a party to have a good time, instead I stay still, bow my head and remember what it has taken to maintain my freedom. I say thanks in all the humbleness I can muster.

All gave some, Some gave all.....

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Today, i sit in peace and thanks to those who volunteered, and those of whom were called into duty for our country, our freedom, our way of life.
werd. Unfortunately, I have to work today so I'm out riding in heavy gear and sweating my butt off in honor of those who are sweating their butts off in heavy gear in another country. At least i get to come home to my family tonight and my family knows that i'm safe.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
yeah.....the ignorance is astounding, Ive had several peeps shake my hand today and say thanks.....

I am not effing dead, wrong holiday.
This surprises me also, that people do not know the difference between Veterans Day and Memorial Day. Not that you don't deserve the heartfelt thanks, but there is, at least to me, something a bit more... solemn? sacred? I don't know... something different when you are honoring the fallen.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i think the confusion between veterans day and memorial day is that a large chunk of the public has no personal tie to the military so they are thanking veterans on memorial day for the willingness to be one of the fallen.
that's my observation anyway.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Yeah, it's tough to have folks that I know tell me thanks today...I politely remind them that today, I am no more than the the sum of the nation that should bow their head and remember what so many have sacrificed to support their nation in time of war, right or wrong, just or unjust. I took my son to our local veterans home today and we just sat in the courtyard with all the flags at half staff with some of the residents and just sat, not saying a word. That is a memorial day.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
i think the confusion between veterans day and memorial day is that a large chunk of the public has no personal tie to the military so they are thanking veterans on memorial day for the willingness to be one of the fallen.
(bolding mine)
That's a good way to look at it, Manimal. Thanks. :cheers:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
yeah.....the ignorance is astounding, Ive had several peeps shake my hand today and say thanks.....

I am not effing dead, wrong holiday.
The part about that statement that gets me, is that those that stand out in your mind stand out for a reason..... because they are the crowd that only remembers to thank the service men and women on the holidays............. Sadly alot are like that...

I thank service men and women any time I recognize them in public, and private.

(bolding mine)
That's a good way to look at it, Manimal. Thanks. :cheers:
Manimal and others, I see it just like Ciaran listed....... Today is for rememberance of the fallen, and also thanking those were/are willing to lay it all down...........

You guys all get alot of respect out of me.