Quantcast

Men bad for Women's Waistlines....

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Do you all ever remember hearing a disgruntled male talking about how his wife got fat?

Well, according to this , living with men is bad for our health!

"A UK obesity expert has analysed why it is that women who move in with their man often put on weight as a result.
Eating man-sized portions and indulging in richer foods and wines can lead to weight gain, a review in The Lancet medical journal says.

When you combine that with going on the contraceptive pill or having babies, a woman's waistline can severely suffer, says author Dr David Haslam.

"Men are very bad for women really," he said. "

:eek: :D

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I'll go straight to your thighs actually. :devil:

EDIT -- eek, I am surfing the monkey by unread posts and wasn't paying attention to which forum this was in.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Tenchiro said:
I'll go straight to your thighs actually. :devil:
Ew! Get outta here :p

Yes, men are bad for our waist lines...they are horrible influences :eviltongu but they are so good in other ways :love:

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
actually if it weren't for the husband, I'd be doomed to self-imposed (due to fatigue and laziness) dinners of 1) rice with peas and carrots, or 2) cereal.

:think:
Hmmmm... maybe this proves the theory afterall...

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
too throw a mans perspective in...
my wife works a lot so we both cook healthy food for each other.... and since I am always going for a ride I always want to drag her with me , which most of the time she is hesitant but feels much better after doing so. Basically .. I help in keeping her active.. and she is perfect the way she is...

now on he other hand.. she (as most women tend to) drives me crazy , there ofre cause me to eat more out of nervous habit... so you can clearly see you all have those facts mixed up :)

Btw I think all Mudhunnies are awesome!!!!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
sunny said:
actually if it weren't for the husband, I'd be doomed to self-imposed (due to fatigue and laziness) dinners of 1) rice with peas and carrots, or 2) cereal.

:think:
Hmmmm... maybe this proves the theory afterall...

Hahah! Me too. When I was single it was rice, cereal or toast for dinner....ah those were the days ;)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
My girl and I were just talking about this the other night. She's got a love/hate thing going with my cooking, she really loves it but hates how it's so...so...damn good. ;) What can I do? It's not that the food I make is even that rich or fattening, it's just that I ride and work out lot and need a lot of carbs and just calories in general.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
OGRipper said:
My girl and I were just talking about this the other night. She's got a love/hate thing going with my cooking, she really loves it but hates how it's so...so...damn good. ;) What can I do? It's not that the food I make is even that rich or fattening, it's just that I ride and work out lot and need a lot of carbs and just calories in general.
that's like half the reason i do epic rides. so i can go home and chow. just tell your girl she's gotta get out there and ride or something. or chop wood. i'm finding chopping wood this time of year makes you pretty damn hungry.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
amydalayna said:
that's like half the reason i do epic rides. so i can go home and chow. just tell your girl she's gotta get out there and ride or something. or chop wood. i'm finding chopping wood this time of year makes you pretty damn hungry.
Oh yeah great idea - you got any ideas on how to serve that up?

Her: "Honey, you really need to stop making so much tasty food and then eating huge amounts of it in front of me."

Me: "Well darling, you better start working out more or show a little more restraint. Maybe try chopping wood."

I'd end up in the doghouse faster than you can say "you look fat in those jeans"! :D

Hahaha, seriously it's fine, it's just kind of funny.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
OGRipper said:
Oh yeah great idea - you got any ideas on how to serve that up?

Her: "Honey, you really need to stop making so much tasty food and then eating huge amounts of it in front of me."

Me: "Well darling, you better start working out more or show a little more restraint. Maybe try chopping wood."

I'd end up in the doghouse faster than you can say "you look fat in those jeans"! :D

Hahaha, seriously it's fine, it's just kind of funny.
Hmmmmm. Maybe secretly she's always wanted to swing a maul around? Maybe? It can be very satisfying, you never know.

Maybe you'll just have to eat in secret. Save some of the food for when she goes to bed.

Jun 18, 2004
MudGrrl said:
Do you all ever remember hearing a disgruntled male talking about how his wife got fat?

Well, according to this , living with men is bad for our health!

"Men are very bad for women really," he said. "

:eek: :D
better stay away from men then... have a glass of wine w/your lady friends...

the thing that I don't get about that article is why do people eat comfort foods in the first place? exercise less?...

some how I think it's the nesting thing practiced by both sex's in cohabitation... I mean how come people in same-sex relationships (generally) gain weight when they cohabitate?

if I've offended anyone I appologize now...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
Str8OutaBallard said:
some how I think it's the nesting thing practiced by both sex's in cohabitation... I mean how come people in same-sex relationships (generally) gain weight when they cohabitate?
I always go out to eat more when the man's around. And I'm more tempted to eat junk food and buy it for him.

sugarNspice

Chimp
Mar 18, 2004
Portland, OR
MudGrrl said:
I'm a vegetarian.
Men aren't vegetables....
Depends on who you ask. LOL.

BTW, I just moved here to port-town with my bo 6 months ago. I've gained 10 pounds since I've been here.

It's all his fault. :oink:

Actually. I moved here from Aus-town and I don't have the opportunities to ride in the city year round on dirt trail as I did back home. The days of me riding 3 - 5 times a week are gone. Sniff Sniff. :(

That and I don't feel the love amongst the MTB crowd as I did back home. :(

Never mind me, just a little home sick.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sugarNspice said:
Depends on who you ask. LOL.

BTW, I just moved here to port-town with my bo 6 months ago. I've gained 10 pounds since I've been here.

It's all his fault. :oink:

Actually. I moved here from Aus-town and I don't have the opportunities to ride in the city year round on dirt trail as I did back home. The days of me riding 3 - 5 times a week are gone. Sniff Sniff. :(

That and I don't feel the love amongst the MTB crowd as I did back home. :(

Never mind me, just a little home sick.
sorry to hear about the home sickness. it takes awhile. especially if you leave behind a really cool group of people. When I first moved to Tahoe I missed riding in Connecticut. Not sure what I was on, because now I'm so much happier here.

I find that riding the trainer inside helps keep away some of that 'it's winter time and i'm eating too much' weight. not so much fun, but tolerable if you got some good movies or music.