Quantcast

Mercury level of tuna

spokedwheel

Chimp
Mar 16, 2002
Oceanside, CA
I'm kind of curious of what you all think or any concerns you have or have heard about the amount of mercury supposidly in Tuna.

I personally don't eat any meat except fish, so canned tuna is one of my main sources of protein. After all the talk about the extra bad stuff in protein bars on the other thread, it just got me thinking about this some more. I probably consume 5-8 cans of tuna a week, should I be concerned?

Have any of you heard any solid facts dealing with the mercury levels of tuna meat?

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by spokedwheel
I'm kind of curious of what you all think or any concerns you have or have heard about the amount of mercury supposidly in Tuna.

I personally don't eat any meat except fish, so canned tuna is one of my main sources of protein. After all the talk about the extra bad stuff in protein bars on the other thread, it just got me thinking about this some more. I probably consume 5-8 cans of tuna a week, should I be concerned?

Have any of you heard any solid facts dealing with the mercury levels of tuna meat?
Even a little mercury is too much...there is mercury in almost all fish, except those that are farmed raised....you can do a google search and find out tons of info.....D