Quantcast

Merry Christmas - Between the Tape Site/Teaser

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
the customer is usually a complainer.

you cant please everyone so why bother trying. when you're making a video, you have to make something that you're happy with and then let the haters hate. so clay doesnt want to hire voice over talent? big deal. everyone's going to find something they dont like.
um, have you ever tried to sell anything, to anybody? People want to buy things that THEY like, not that YOU like. I don't care that you like the teaser, that's great for you. I don't care that you like a demo, or turner, or peanut butter and jelly. If I don't like it, I don't buy it.

I thought the quality of the clips was awesome. I'm sure it'll be a stellar movie.

HOWEVER, a voice over is done to convey emotion and perhaps tell a story. I know it's a small part. I hope it's a very small part. It remains that it's in there, and that whomever is speaking (and I'm not refering to Sam or whoever the australian is) SHOULD NOT be doing a voice over...for any film...unless it's a director explanation. It just doesn't work. When I started watching it, I was immediately reminded of the third installation from the kids at diablo, the one where they wear scarves and dance around. You can't mix emo and death metal, it just doesn't work. In my opinion, he should stick to the emotional crap, or the incredible riding, one or the other.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
um have you ever tried to make a bike video, ever, for anyone? YOU do that not for the money but because YOU love to do it. i dont care that you think bike videos are about making big piles of money, that's great for you. the fact is that any income from video sales is modest at best and if you compare that to comparable professional world video/film production incomes, it's just a step up from nothing. with that in mind, the time, money, effortm and passion that a guy like clay puts into a video means that yes, he does have to please the viewer and sponsors, but his opinion on something counts over anything else.

SO CAPS, with a riding community as wide spread and diverse as the one we have, it is silly to try and please everyone with your video as if it's a magic bullet. why would some one want to strike a comprimise with their pieve of work just because some body doesnt like an aspect of the product.

you have an opinion and that's fine but also keep in mind that other people do too, including the people doing the work.

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
I have a feeling Clay uses the people he does for the voice overs, based on who they are as riders- not because of their aptitude towards speech and pronunciation, as it seems some of you would prefer.
Personally I'd rather hear the riders themselves speak. It's not a Gieco commercial... it's a mountain bike movie.
Still better than nwd heh

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
March it says it somewhere on the site.
Not sure on the date of the new super 8 movie.