Quantcast

Merry Christmas to us!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Ok, I know it's only November 5th, bright and sunny with a high temp today of 68...not your typical Christmas shopping weather, but the hubby & I just bought our Christmas presents.

For those of you who don't know...my husband and I don't buy each other gifts for Christmas anymore. Instead, we decide on something cool that we both want and can use and buy it. Last year, we bought ourselves the Fuji Finepix S5000, carrying case, NiMH batteries, a charger (dual for car and home) and a 512MB card.

This year, we bought these:

Samsung Digital Sports Camcorder with 2" Color LCD and External Camcorder Module (aka helmet cam)

Sony 16x Internal Double-Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive (comes with Nero Suite).

So, now we're off to figure out how to use our new toys. :D

We also plan on buying a SanDisk 4.0GB Memory Pro Stick for the camera as well (it comes with a 512 MB internal memory--about 15 min. of video). :sneaky:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Echo said:
Oh damn! Sweet! :thumb:
Yeah, now we just have to figure out how to use them. And there will definitely be some Cooney-Cam footage soon :devil:

With the memory stick upgrade, we'll be able to record about 4 hours of digital footage :thumb: And our helmet cam mount has a remote on/off switch too :D

What software do you use to burn DVDs? We now have Nero...I've read good things about it, but haven't tried using it yet (just got the drive and software all installed though).

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
TreeSaw said:
my husband and I don't buy each other gifts for Christmas anymore. Instead, we decide on something cool that we both want and can use and buy it.
:thumb:

Have fun with that camera.

BrokenChain

Monkey
Oct 26, 2001
NWCT
The DRU-800A is an excellent burner. with 16X media, I can burn a full 4.7 gigs in under 7 minutes. I can burn a full dual layer disc in 24 minutes at 4X. I have yet to burn a single coaster with it, in the 4 months since I bought it. And Nero is my software of choice. You'll be very happy.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
Very nice. We gave ourselves a similar present about 2 years ago except it was a Canon and we also added a nice big hard drive and some extra RAM for video editing.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
well... Merry Xmas.... !!!!! I was looking to get the same video camera.. let me know how you like it..please and thank you

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Brian HCM#1 said:
Very cool, getting ready for the baby?
Yeah. We have been looking at camcorders for a while and loved this one when we first saw it (tiny, has a helmet cam that we can use biking too and was able to have memory expanded so we can make lots of DVDs of all of her firsts and our trips). We we playing with it tonight and it seems pretty easy to use so we should have all the fun features figured out by the time she arrives! :thumb:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
hooples3 said:
well... Merry Xmas.... !!!!! I was looking to get the same video camera.. let me know how you like it..please and thank you
Will do! We were playing with it tonight and it seems quite easy to use! Now we have to figure out the helmet cam part and send it out with the cat for a test :sneaky:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
BrokenChain said:
The DRU-800A is an excellent burner. with 16X media, I can burn a full 4.7 gigs in under 7 minutes. I can burn a full dual layer disc in 24 minutes at 4X. I have yet to burn a single coaster with it, in the 4 months since I bought it. And Nero is my software of choice. You'll be very happy.
Sweet! We thought it looked like a good one and got lots of good reviews. Now we've just got to figure out how to use it :D

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
we're getting a video camera for x mas this year too. ours will be a little too big to fit on a helmet though. that'll really come in handy when your baby starts pulling lil' manimal type stunts.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
laura said:
we're getting a video camera for x mas this year too. ours will be a little too big to fit on a helmet though. that'll really come in handy when your baby starts pulling lil' manimal type stunts.
We certainly hope so :D Afterall, she's already done her first race ;)

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Yeah, we'll definitely let you know how it works....we were playing with it last night and it's REALLY easy to operate and has SO many features. It's quite tiny too...that's what worries me LOL :think: