Quantcast

MERRY XMAS TO ME!!! Got myself a new toy!

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
Curb Hucker said:
dont let montashu ride this one, and keep me away from it if youre at SO with Ben, i might steal it for a while and go hit the big double
I want to take it to those jumps in the Oakland Hills, up at some Juaquin Miller or something park. dude, SO can eat me, nice ride, but still recovering from a bad Trail Nazi experience.
Don't worry, the Montashizzle isn't touching my new baby.

Loco-sorry for the oversized pics, I photoshopped it to get the size down, crappulence.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
Nice looking bike. My heckler is looking beat right now but i'm about to get a new fork, stem/bar, and fix up some parts on her.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
genpowell71 said:
Let me know how that Pike works for you. I'm still not 100% sure about getting it for my Heckler
It's one kick ass fork. Just rode it in Santa Cruz today, and it survived the 6' drops and fat jumps. GET THE PIKE. it's light and rebound is great/easily adjustable. I suggest it. I am still unsure about the Float R shock. Still not used to the air shock. thinking about switching it out for the 5th Element for $150. hrm...

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
Nice man!
I havent heard alot about the Pike yet. Has Rock Shox still got it going on or does this fork suck. What would it be equal too in other brands.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
manziman said:
It's one kick ass fork. Just rode it in Santa Cruz today, and it survived the 6' drops and fat jumps. GET THE PIKE. it's light and rebound is great/easily adjustable. I suggest it. I am still unsure about the Float R shock. Still not used to the air shock. thinking about switching it out for the 5th Element for $150. hrm...

Good to hear about the pike as i think i am gonna put one on my heckler to "revive" her after she broke the fox on her in half.

What's odd about the air shock i was kind of considering changing my 5th coil for an air shock just to lighten it up some.

mobius

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Around DC
My 5th is I think 5 months old with like 3 months of riding on it. Not sure if i wanna trade though since knowing me ill end up just going back to DHing my heckler in the summer.