Quantcast

methow valley locals/info????

scotteric

Chimp
May 11, 2004
seattle
anyone on here from the methow? i will be over there next sat. thru wed. and am looking for people to hook up with and/or trails to ride. i'm familiar with most of the xc stuff - hoping to find other more "freeride" style tracks. i tried posting last year and got no response but i figured i'd give it another go, surely not everyone over there still uses bar-ends and 1.9 tires, right???thanks, scott

Borregokid

Monkey
Aug 12, 2004
Cle Elum
The bar ends are gone but not the 1.9 tires. They used to run a downhill race up at the Chickadee lodge up near Sun Mountain and I guess it was pretty decent. I would give this guy a call, he's a local and I met him wrenching at one of the races. Hes a total mountain biker and should know the area.

VALLEY BICYCLE REPAIR
14 DEER RUN ROAD
WINTHROP WA 98862
(509)996-3645

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I know of a trail that would be pretty fun to shuttle. It's mostly xc, but at least it's a few minutes of downhill singletrack you can shuttle. Drive up the FS road like you're entering the lightning creek network from the north side. To get here you go up the road paralleling the Chewack on the east side, it comes straight out of town. Turn as if you were going to Pearrygin Lake. Go left into fs roads and I beleive you keep left. Then pass a stock tank, park at a dead end, and take the trail that goes from the stock tank. It's sketchy for only about 100yds. Then it is fast singletrack all the way back to the bottom of the road. I think it's called pearrygin creek.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Another fun one to shuttle would be buck mtn. REEEAALY fast doubletrack section near the end. Just make sure you enter at the old trailhead at the cattle gate to save your legs.