Quantcast

Mexican coffee in a European Press...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Really Mexican coffee beans from Mexico harvested roasted and shipped by Mexicans :p Ground up by me with the last name of Bueno and sitting in my leather chair, made in Mexico.

Regardless, I have this french press mug, its really badass.
Basically dump in a scoop of coffee on top of a tall cup of hot water, let it sit for a min or two, press it and BLAMMO best coffee I have ever had.

No coffee maker, no filter, none -o- dat chit.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
SkaredShtles said:
How do you know it wasn't picked by migrant Nicaraguan coffee pickers?

RACIST!

:p

-S.S.-
I dont... those &$%#s dont deserve the credit. Nor does any race that ends in "guan".

Seriousy this thread was more about the coffee maker... the thing brews the best cup I have ever had.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
It is a cool coffee press. I still use my trusty Starbucks press, I swear most of the flavor in coffee gets jacked up by passing it through a paper filter. With good beans the brew is sublime when pressed, but even Folgers is palatable when pressed.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
How do you know that the press is French? maybe it was made in China?

Total coffee making stereo-type.

:blah:

BTW - I had to go to band rehearsal last night and I miss out on all the racist fun. But at least now the gloves are off for certain members.

:thumb:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
H8R said:
Total coffee making stereo-type.

:blah:

BTW - I had to go to band rehearsal last night and I miss out on all the racist fun. But at least now the gloves are off for certain members.

:thumb:
Some people know the difference between fun and ignorance. You know, others don't, I guess try and give 'em the benefit of the doubt.

Golgi- where'd you get that cup and what's it worth? Looks good to this coffee dilettante.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
french press coffee is the best & all we drink. its funny....we just roasted a batch of some Mexican beans that kick ass. it tastes like dark chocolate & has a nice kick too.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
What wrong with using American Coffee Beans in a Freedom Press? You guys are pinkos!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Silver said:
Don't let the coffee sit in the press, it'll overextract and get bitter...
I'm bitter, I think I've been in hot water too long.

:think:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
SkaredShtles said:
We can see through your ruse, you goddam Love-Everbody hippy. :mad:

-S.S.-
When the end of the world comes, and everyone lies dead or dying, you are the first one that I'll be cutting into strips to make human jerky.

I'll throw your ass and balls to the hounds though.

:love:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I use a press also but I recently heard something about them not filtering a certain kind of acid or oil out of the coffee that are unhealthy. I can say for sure that my press doesn't filter out near as much silt as a true coffee filter.

Mostly these days I use my press to steep bulk "gunpowder" green tea. As much as I love coffee my body tells me coffee's bad m'kay. Green tea has mad cancer fighting antioxidants if you drink enough of it. I drink about ~3-4 cups a day.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
H8R said:
When the end of the world comes, and everyone lies dead or dying, you are the first one that I'll be cutting into strips to make human jerky.

I'll throw your ass and balls to the hounds though.

:love:
Dude. I'm literally laughing so much I think I shed a few tears. I feel privileged to be considered worthy of jerky-ification. :D :D

-S.S.-