Quantcast

M'F'n XC bike!

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Maybe its because I have been riding alot of XC latley cause Im stuck in the flatlands of Charlotte all week, but I have wrecked on the XC bike alot more than the DH bike this year! Fvcking bike is gonna be the death of me. This is from this mornings ride.

Attachments

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
At least you get to ride so shut up. I am sitting in the Colorado Springs airport after here since Friday just a few miles from SWEET SWEET riding with no bike...

My view is currently the 14k+ Pikes Peak... Damn it.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
At least you get to ride so shut up. I am sitting in the Colorado Springs airport after here since Friday just a few miles from SWEET SWEET riding with no bike...

Rob, that sucks man, to be right there and not be able to hit up the goods. :nopity: Let us know when you get back, we need to plan a trip to Windrock.

Fitzy, I was hurting tonight too, taking it easy, thats what peddlin 4 days a week will get ya I guess, now my goal is to try and keep Jeff's pace. All the more motivation to be out there with us Thursday night!! See ya there buddy! :cheers:

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I don't believe that's a pic of John...not a single tattoo in sight. I call shenanigans!

Makes you feel any better, I've been riding my road bike like a fairy for 2 months now after having taken all the skin off my entire right side in a flat turn. Hurt worse than any DH wreck other than the time I seperated my shoulder. If you want that thing to heal quick, even while riding your arse off...big strips of Tegaderm. They are quite literally a miracle.

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
You do that on my log ride at Sherman Branch?

I was think'n the exact same thing
No I was at Poplar Tent (Beach Springs), track A, litte fvcking root drop just before a sharp right, never wrecked there or even got sketched before, dont know what happened this time, next thing ya know Im picking my ass up off the ground trying to get my breath (the slam knocked the wind out of me), cussin at myself.

And no ink there yet, just started working again, give me a year or two and that spot will be covered.

srphillips89

Monkey
Jan 29, 2006
Boone NC

I saw Pikes Peak daily for two months while I had a broken leg, then the day I got the all clear to ride I had to leave

hotrodmarlin

Chimp
Oct 29, 2007
If you want that thing to heal quick, even while riding your arse off...big strips of Tegaderm. They are quite literally a miracle.
Thanks for the info. I ripped a bunch of skin off my leg a few days ago and went out an bought some of the big tegaderm patches last night. doesn't hurt near as bad when my jeans rub against it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Thanks for the info. I ripped a bunch of skin off my leg a few days ago and went out an bought some of the big tegaderm patches last night. doesn't hurt near as bad when my jeans rub against it.
Yup. Best part is that I left it on for the 7 days the box calls for and since it's clear, I watched an 8 inch wide section of raw meat, bloood & hair transform through the covering into soft, pink skin without wimpering like a small child. Could even poke at it the first day with my finger without crumping into the fetal position.