Quantcast

!MGMT!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I'd go every four months for a cleaning if my insurance allowed it. I drink a lot of coffee and look forward to my twice a year sandblasting. I brush and floss every day but that coffee has a way of sticking.
My insurance doesn't cover jack. My wife does it off the clock and I pay for materials. But coffee is a bitch and I drink it black as pitch.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Lots of (much needed) rain here so no ride for me today. Laundry and housework. Oldest is on vacation with her friend and youngest is keeping me busy playing games and watching Harry Potter movies. I need to make some good ole comfort food for dinner and snuggle up for Harry Potter #6 tonight.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
hey holmes, did you see any of that trader joe's hostage action yesterday? is that your general hood?
Pretty close to home. I drove by the location Sunday, after a yoga class near the location. It was a hot topic in pre-class discussion. My BFF shops there all the time.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
i hope you had coffee first
Trailwork in Lionhead was successful, and I have to adjust my top five rides in southwest Montana after yesterday's ex
IMG_20180723_131228.jpg
cursion into Wolverine basin.

I didn't get final stats from my riding partners (no cell service) but something like 3.5 miles climing (1000ish total gain) and 9 downhill (2500ish loss) and 99.9% rideable.

The trail was in primo shape (thanks to motorcyclists with chainsaws), and trail still got occasionally thin/hard to follow but route was intuitive and with this map and an extra set of eyes/feet you should be fine:

http://www.beartoothpublishing.com/p...ravelly-range

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Trailwork in Lionhead was successful, and I have to adjust my top five rides in southwest Montana after yesterday's exView attachment 129624 cursion into Wolverine basin.

I didn't get final stats from my riding partners (no cell service) but something like 3.5 miles climing (1000ish total gain) and 9 downhill (2500ish loss) and 99.9% rideable.

The trail was in primo shape (thanks to motorcyclists with chainsaws), and trail still got occasionally thin/hard to follow but route was intuitive and with this map and an extra set of eyes/feet you should be fine:

http://www.beartoothpublishing.com/p...ravelly-range
Just south of Ennis? I'll join if you are hitting again this year.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Just south of Ennis? I'll join if you are hitting again this year.
Let me know, I would be down for a tour.
Yes and yes, this drainage is known for grizzly bears eating people so more is better...

I'm headed up to Glacier for 10 nights but anytime in late August+. My buddy who has hiked the area extensively says there's some cool hiking routes in all directions after the parking lot / put in, and very worthy of a weekend camping trip and exploration

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
I am doing Steamboat in mid August, any chance of a September rally?
The Midge is fun-tired and I have plenty of discretion with my free time.

Earlier in the fall is obviously better because of the hungry Griz and if you've never ridden the lion head before it's very worthy as well.

I'm down in Island Park 5 nights per week, so I could swing rides most days. The midge is Sun/Mon rider...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Stats from yesterday's ride: 29 miles, 5550ft climbing, 1000ft descending...
Stats from today's ride: 35 miles, 2840ft climbing, 7247ft descending \o/

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I typically have Sun/Monday off, so that could work.
Anywhere to stay without dragging up my 19 foot camper?
Ennis?
There is plenty of lodging in Ennis. I would head down on a Saturday and head back up Tuesday morning. I usually bring a tent and car camp. I am pretty much good for anything within 250 miles with a weeks notice. Will be heading down to your area sometime in September.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
welp, someone’s getting a new plastic bike...root canal! crowns galore! holes to be filled! :shakefist:
12 years of sweet tea son.....12 years of sweet tea.

EDIT:which means a dentists wife or teen daughter is getting new tits.