Quantcast

MGs?

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
does anyone know anything aboot MGs? The wife and I want to pick up a convert and theres a 72 MGB for sale around here that I want to check out.
are there any good web boards for MGs?

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Why do the British drink warm beer? Because MG makes their refrigerators. Ha.

I had a convertible Triumph TR7 for a couple years, and it was a fun car when running, but the dual carbs were a pain, and it was in the shop a lot. I think MG has some dual carb set-ups which should be avoided, unless you're a pretty good mechanic.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Very basic. One of the better english cars to come to this soil. Still have an english electrical system. Hey it's not a Jag V-12(super fun to work on). Always loved the MG conv.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a friend that owned a few. If you would consider wrenching on old cars as a hobby you should consider it. If you don't want to spend a lot of time under the hood it might not be the best idea.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MGs, Triumphs, etc. are money pits, unless you do all the work themselves. Then they're just money pot holes.

As long as you're OK with that, they can be alot of fun.

I owned both a Triumph Spitfire and a TR6 way back in the day.

Now I own a Honda and a Subaru. :p

-S.S.-

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
oly said:
www.google.com - im sure you can find more than enouigh info on MG's and maybe even a MG webforum.....

my father in law has 2 "project MG's that are sucking tons of $$ out of him...
was this really necessary? anyone can google until their fingers fall off :stosh: