Quantcast

MI monkey headed (hopefully) to Blacksburg

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Hey Virginia monkeys, due to newfound unemployment, I'll be (hopefully) headed down to Blacksburg this weekend and into early next week. I'm inquiring about trail conditions and who's riding and if I should bring my bike. Any info about conditions, places to ride, people heading out over the next week, etc., would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance to anyone who can drop some knowledge.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
wannabeabonedoc said:
yea what he said :)

we have a big group of riders here at Tech. The forums are very active, so you can post there if u want. Theres usually a xc/hike/shuttle ride almost every weekend at some point. Theres also usually a street ride. Weather conditions are always fine, for going downhill - Brush Mt. drains very well.

hope that helped

-Mike T.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
Hey mike, when are finals for VT. I'm done with mine on Wed Dec. 15th. If anyone's around, and obviously weather permitting, I'm up for shuttling with my truck. let me know if you're interested

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
finals are over on the 16th, but u know some people will have theirs over sooner then that. Ofcourse I have one on the 16th though, good think it's early 10-12. I'm sure some people wouldnt mind sticking around for a shuttle ride, post on the forums, see what happens. btw, r u on the listserv?

-Mike T.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
I wouldn't be able to come until the 16th of Dec. If it rains that day, then I'm up a creek without a paddle. riding in the rain is only fun in the summer when it's raining and 75 degrees out. By the way, this is my century post.. not that it matters. let me know about that day. Also, we've got a couple jumps/drops built up on our hill in the woods. If anyone is driving north on 81 going home from school, stop by Buena Vista and we'll hit em up.

Pete

Enginerd A2

crappy
Feb 20, 2002
Ann Arbor, MI
Well, I'm out the door enroute to B-burg. It looks like the weather might cooperate. I guess I'll check out the VT freeride board when I get down there.