Quantcast

Mice and Keyboards

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Ok so I've always been a Logitech fan and in fact I still am, however I get this horrible delay when running autocad on my work computer with a wireless Logitec Mouse and Keyboard.

The software I loaded for it never seemed to work properly and of course it came with all kinds of other crap'ola I don't need. I've removed the software, and re-installed/updated and nothing seems to work.
So... I'm willing to spend some good money to get a good mouse and keyboard and if it has to be wired that is fine, any suggestions?

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
The cheap logitech optical wired mouse with two buttons and a scroll wheel works good for me. I've done a lot of CAD at work including AutoCAD with the same model mouse I have at home and never noticed any problems.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well, aside from the obvious suggestion of fixing what you already have (since it's clearly not working the way it's intended), the Logitech MX510 and MX518 are very nice indeed.

The MX518 has on-the-fly adjustable sensitivity which could be very handy for AutoCAD or other applications where you need to do some careful, slow mousing mixed in with normal speed movement.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104178

Unless you want a ton of media keys or something, just buy any old keyboard...

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
stosh said:
Ok so I've always been a Logitech fan and in fact I still am, however I get this horrible delay when running autocad on my work computer with a wireless Logitec Mouse and Keyboard.

The software I loaded for it never seemed to work properly and of course it came with all kinds of other crap'ola I don't need. I've removed the software, and re-installed/updated and nothing seems to work.
So... I'm willing to spend some good money to get a good mouse and keyboard and if it has to be wired that is fine, any suggestions?

what keyboard/mouse you have?
i have the ex110 (or something like that, a cheap one) cordless desktop and it kinda sucks...

the F1-F12 keys stop working randomly, until reception kicks in again, and the mouse delay can be bothersome (although i sit like 12-13ft away from the pc) . i had better results using the mouse with the ps adaptor instead of the usb.

for autocad, i´d use a wired mouse, almost any decent wired mouse has been better (in terms of precision and delay) than most wireless i´ve tried.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
ALEXIS_DH said:
what keyboard/mouse you have?
i have the ex110 (or something like that, a cheap one) cordless desktop and it kinda sucks...

the F1-F12 keys stop working randomly, until reception kicks in again, and the mouse delay can be bothersome (although i sit like 12-13ft away from the pc) . i had better results using the mouse with the ps adaptor instead of the usb.

for autocad, i´d use a wired mouse, almost any decent wired mouse has been better (in terms of precision and delay) than most wireless i´ve tried.
I'm currently using a Logitech Mx700

BV that was the one I was actually looking at picking up.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I liked my MX700 when I had it, I just dropped it one too many times and it started giving me problems. I never installed the software that came with it, though.

I just use a wired mouse. When I'm using the computer, I'm sitting in front of it... so why not go wired?

I have the MX510 and have been using it for more than a year now. It's simple and it works - just how I like it. Forward/back buttons are good, mouse wheel has good tactile feel, shape is nice for me. I got it for $14 on sale, but most places don't seem to stock it any more.