Quantcast

Mice

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
caputo1989 said:
The traps failed me. The thing ate the peanutbutter right off with out setting off the trap.
Try the Sticky Traps. Then when the mouse is captured you can burn it at the stake as a warning to all the other mice.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Evel Monkey said:
The simple answer is, move. It is far superior to you. All attempt to get rid of it will fail.

Mice are the most intelligent life form on earth. All that running in wheels and fondness for cheese was just a front

Once upon a time, many moons ago, a friend and I were sitting in his brother's kitchen. The brother and his lady were out for the evening. At some point a mouse stuck its head out of a kitchen cabinet.

Well, Timmy had a pistol and I had a wrist rocket snd some triple-ought buckshot, and every time the mouse stuck its head out we would fire away. The mouse survived, but Leo came back to find a ventilated western kitchen wall and a huge ding in the side of his aluminum milk can from the triple-ought.

Somehow, I fail to remember Leo's subsequent comments.

I believe that this incident demonstrates the truth of Evel Monkey's comments on the superiority of mice.

J

J

JRB

I really like the optical ones. The ones with teh ball on top really suck.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I lived in a place with a mouse problem once... we would catch em and throw them in the fireplace. Mmmm mmm! Burnt mouse!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Put something in the trap that he will have to really work on to get out... probably licked the PB right off without disturbing the trap. Good chunk of stale & stinky cheese will do it every time.

When I was a kid I would sharpen the part of the trap that comes down... I learned that, really, thats just messy. I also tried to make my own trap once. Didnt work at all.

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
I lived in a place with a mouse problem once... we would catch em and throw them in the fireplace. Mmmm mmm! Burnt mouse!
Hmmm - you could burn the house down. No traps needed. :think:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Best way I've found is just regular traps with PB. Sticky traps and poison are just messy and can be a pain. Bend the wire a bit to give it a nice hair-trigger if you need to.

You can stake it out too. This summer, I killed about a dozen mice in two weeks with traps and hand to hand combat.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Cheese is the best bait. Those little fokkers always lick off the PB........... just make sure to jam the cheese in the little curled-'round piece of metal with the hole in it. They'll lick off the stuff on the surface, then get smashed when they try to get jiggy with the stuff jammed in the little hole. :thumb:

This method netted me 12 mice in my house in less than 2 weeks back in November/Dec timeframe. None since. I got 'em *ALL* :D

-S.S.-