Quantcast

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
this thread really makes me sick. and we wonder why our society and our "superstars" are so screwed up.

i'm not gonna defend him if he was or wasn't a child molester. i wasn't there. but there ARE sick parents out there that would/could EASILY manipulate their child and their relationship with Michael to get money. people are fvcked up.

was he eccentric, odd, bizarre? yes. but aren't most extremely talented superstars? the man never had a chance of a "normal" childhood, being in the public eye from such a young child. and his father was a wack job as well.

bottom line, he IS one of the biggest stars (icons) america has put out. his music was incredible and touched millions of lives around the globe. his music bridged gaps with races and with generations.

i would prefer to remember him at his death for that.

my point...why do people feel the need to be so hateful. it turns my stomach when i read all the crap. the man's dead. let him RIP for once.

Answer honestly, would you have let your child spend the night at his place ?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
having never met the man i can't answer that.

are there friends in my life that are male that i would let my kid spend the night over and think nothing of it...absolutely.
So you would consider it then, even though he has been accused of child molestation multiple times ?

Granted I don't have kids but I wouldn't ever allow my child to spend the night with a grown man, especially one who is suspected of taking liberties with kids.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
So you would consider it then, even though he has been accused of child molestation multiple times ?

Granted I don't have kids but I wouldn't ever allow my child to spend the night with a grown man, especially one who is suspected of taking liberties with kids.

that's my point though...suspected. without knowing the man how can anyone answer that question. you weren't there so how can you honestly say these things were true and not just lies from greedy people trying to make money?

if there were no allegations of molestation or if those kids came out today and said it was all a lie, would you think differently? or from accused of something that's it?

if you asked my step kids about me (especially during my divorce) you'd think i was a monster that abused them regularly with the lies they have told about me. kids can be manipulated by their parents to say (and think) anything. i was accused AND investigated (and subsequently allegations dropped and case closed) because my ex's kids were so messed up from their mother (the one that actually DID molest them and abuse them). and i did nothing but love them, nurture them, provide for them, support them and care for them as i did my own kids. it is a HORRIBLE thing to go through when you are falsely accused of something. and perhaps it's because of this personal experience that i am not so quick to jump on the bandwagon of accusations.

answer this...are there any adults in your life you would allow your kids (if you had any) to spend nights over? friends you completely trust?

(and though i'm not 100% sure of this, so someone correct me if i'm mistaken...but i believe it wasn't just the kids that stayed at his home...it was their whole family that stayed at his home. would you stay in the home with your kids if you thought something was going on? why did they?)

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
this thread really makes me sick. and we wonder why our society and our "superstars" are so screwed up.

i'm not gonna defend him if he was or wasn't a child molester. i wasn't there. but there ARE sick parents out there that would/could EASILY manipulate their child and their relationship with Michael to get money. people are fvcked up.

was he eccentric, odd, bizarre? yes. but aren't most extremely talented superstars? the man never had a chance of a "normal" childhood, being in the public eye from such a young child. and his father was a wack job as well.

bottom line, he IS one of the biggest stars (icons) america has put out. his music was incredible and touched millions of lives around the globe. his music bridged gaps with races and with generations.

i would prefer to remember him at his death for that.

my point...why do people feel the need to be so hateful. it turns my stomach when i read all the crap. the man's dead. let him RIP for once.
I'm still amazed that no matter how screwy the celebs get there will always be some fan with stars in their eyes ready to stick up for them...
He admitted that he liked to "cuddle" with little kids on national TV for Crissakes..

Whacko Jacko had a heart attack-O Freakin A Right-O! :thumb:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Anyone else floated the idea that Michael lives and that this is all a scam to get him out of debt and public scrutiny? Like, right now he's partying it up with Elvis and Jim Morrison and laughing at the world? Nah.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Anyone else floated the idea that Michael lives and that this is all a scam to get him out of debt and public scrutiny? Like, right now he's partying it up with Elvis and Jim Morrison and laughing at the world? Nah.
I am envisioning a new DHG velvet painting.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
I'm still amazed that no matter how screwy the celebs get there will always be some fan with stars in their eyes ready to stick up for them...
He admitted that he liked to "cuddle" with little kids on national TV for Crissakes..

Whacko Jacko had a heart attack-O Freakin A Right-O! :thumb:
i'm actually not a "fan". never bought one of his albums. but i liked his music. and i can appreciate the impact his music had on the world both artistically and emotionally.

i'm just always amazed that in life or death there will always be people that just want to enjoy and partake in the disheartening bashing of other human beings. how desensitized our society has become that we can't get past media PR to see that he was still a son, a friend, a father and brother to other people who are now grieving at their loss.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i'm actually not a "fan". never bought one of his albums. but i liked his music. and i can appreciate the impact his music had on the world both artistically and emotionally.

i'm just always amazed that in life or death there will always be people that just want to enjoy and partake in the disheartening bashing of other human beings. how desensitized our society has become that we can't get past media PR to see that he was still a son, a friend, a father and brother to other people who are now grieving at their loss.
He was a great performer in the 80's, then he got weird. Not just a little weird, like a whole new level of weird. He may have been found not guilty, but he also should have NEVER put himself and especially young children into the situations he admitted to. EVER.

<edit> And if you said you would allow your child to share a bed with a grown man, you should not be allowed to be a parent. Seriously.

Last edited:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
just give up BB once people have decided to believe in something it's really hard to open their minds. There are many people over the years who have committed or been suspected of terrible things...sometimes the terrible offense get over looked and sometimes that's all people remember them for....D

Last edited:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I had to turn off ESPN earlier because they went live to a press conference with Venus Williams being asked about Jackson's death. :rolleyes:

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
People don't mind religious leaders who are proven molesters who get moved around by their employers and protected from the law. They should though - sounds like thats finally happening in Ireland right now...

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
i'm actually not a "fan". Never bought one of his albums. But i liked his music. And i can appreciate the impact his music had on the world both artistically and emotionally.

I'm just always amazed that in life or death there will always be people that just want to enjoy and partake in the disheartening bashing of other human beings. How desensitized our society has become that we can't get past media pr to see that he was still a son, a friend, a father and brother to other people who are now grieving at their loss.
lock up missy giove for life!!!!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Since&#65279; Michael Jackson is 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little kids can play with him for a change.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
So... Farah went to heaven and was at the welcome lunchion when God spoke to her.

God: Farah, since you did so much good on earth, I'll grant you one wish.
Farah: (without hesitation) God... I want all of the Earth's children to be safe.
God: Ok, no problem.

Hours later... MJ died.