Votes: 39 83.0%
  • NOT GUILTY

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
My fiancee is doing a paper about the psychology of the trial, she left a message on my answering machine so I did not get what exactly what she is tryin to do. But plz just answere the poll.

So, is he guilty or not??

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Yeah.....it's easy to adopt the "who cares" mantra. And I would be wrong to say that I haven't said that as well. But.......as much as you would like to pretend it isn't there, it is. I mean, this is Michael freakin' Jackson, here. Though many of you may be too young, and perhaps missed the eighties as an adolescent, I wasn't. Had the parachute pants, sequin glove, "Thriller" jacket----hey it was just as cool then as wearing your pants off your ass with your underwear showing like a gay prisoner is today. Different times, I guess. But Michael was huge when I was growing up, and it's very surreal to see all of this happening sometimes. Admittedly, he's quite the wierdo, but I never thought he was THAT kind of wierdo. I'm suspending judgement until judgement is passed----you know, being that it's our justice system's motto. But I can't help but cast an incredulous eye toward the gloved one when I read reports from The Smoking Gun, and Drudge report and other independant websites that have obtained lots of info on this case that point toward Jacko doing the jacko with the sick kids. It's terrible to think that anyone would do such a thing, much less such a high-profile entertainer like Jackson. I hope it's not true, but we'll find out soon, I guess.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
The raped children.
Did you hear the entire trial? Do you have the facts? I don't know any details, but I don't pass judgement either. I hope you are never on a jury.

J

JRB

Greyhound said:
Yeah.....it's easy to adopt the "who cares" mantra. And I would be wrong to say that I haven't said that as well. But.......as much as you would like to pretend it isn't there, it is. I mean, this is Michael freakin' Jackson, here. Though many of you may be too young, and perhaps missed the eighties as an adolescent, I wasn't. Had the parachute pants, sequin glove, "Thriller" jacket----hey it was just as cool then as wearing your pants off your ass with your underwear showing like a gay prisoner is today. Different times, I guess. But Michael was huge when I was growing up, and it's very surreal to see all of this happening sometimes. Admittedly, he's quite the wierdo, but I never thought he was THAT kind of wierdo. I'm suspending judgement until judgement is passed----you know, being that it's our justice system's motto. But I can't help but cast an incredulous eye toward the gloved one when I read reports from The Smoking Gun, and Drudge report and other independant websites that have obtained lots of info on this case that point toward Jacko doing the jacko with the sick kids. It's terrible to think that anyone would do such a thing, much less such a high-profile entertainer like Jackson. I hope it's not true, but we'll find out soon, I guess.
I don't condone their actions, when they do it. I just think that if you aren't there, you shouldn't pass judgement. Your sources are the most credible in the world.

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
He is at least guilty of stupidity if he ever stood near a child again after the first couple times accusations were brought up against Micheal and settled out of court.

As far as raping/molesting/being stupid with kids..... I honestly don't know. But, he has a "unique" view of the world. As popular and (arguably) tallented as he was he has been known to be a Freak (no offense to our RM brother ;) ) and believes he is entitled to play by different rules. I honestly don't know if he accept the fact he did it to a child....IF he did. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be locked up....IF he did it. IF he did it he should be locked up. He is broke anyways....a brothers gotta eat you know. They will fead him in rich boys prison.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
Did you hear the entire trial? Do you have the facts? I don't know any details, but I don't pass judgement either. I hope you are never on a jury.
Dude, how many families does he have to "buy off" to stay quiet? I saw that UK interview where the one kid say's "Michael says we don't love him if we don't sleep in his bed". WTF?!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Westy said:
California law: Innocent until proven non-celebrity.
At least he was smart enough to only molest children whose parents have a history of bringing civil suits against rich people.

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
Dude, how many families does he have to "buy off" to stay quiet? I saw that UK interview where the one kid say's "Michael says we don't love him if we don't sleep in his bed". WTF?!
Again, all second hand information to you. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Echo said:
I predict another OJ Simpson outcome. Guilty rich dude walks.
Simpson walked because he was black with a black jury (it's a fact, not bigotry). I have no idea what Michael Jackson is anymore, so I'm not sure it matters.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
kinghami3 said:
Simpson walked because he was black with a black jury (it's a fact, not bigotry).
Where exactly did you get that "fact"?

OJ walked because the prosecution was incompetent (and because he hired Johnny Cochran).

yonton228

Turbo Monkey
Mar 7, 2005
lacey washington
The reason why I asked this question is because my fiancee wants to know how people respond to this case, and how much they are influenced by the media.

I should also ask the question, do you think that the media is covering the case fairly??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Echo said:
At least he was smart enough to only molest children whose parents have a history of bringing civil suits against rich people.
Who else would let their children sleep in bed with that dude unless they were looking for a lawsuit???

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Echo said:
Well I certainly need to know what color silk armband he wears to court every day.
LOL! Best comment in this thread right there.
I wonder that every time I read an MJ article. "WTF do I care if he wore a pin stripe black suit with a white shirt and a gold armband" Always comes right after you read "MJ showed up on time today and waved at his fans" :rolleyes:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
yonton228 said:
The reason why I asked this question is because my fiancee wants to know how people respond to this case, and how much they are influenced by the media.

I should also ask the question, do you think that the media is covering the case fairly??
The media sucks... If these people didn't have such a past of milking rich people(Leno) for their own gain I MIGHT say guilty. I too was a cancer surviver and I hate these people because they exploited the fact their kid has cancer. Jackson is a freak for sure, but since I was very young it has been ASSUMED that he was gay,bi, into animals, whatever. It's not a new thing. So why did the parents of this child let him go to Neverland. Do you really think they had no idea about his(ASSUMED) private life. Tired of these lawsuits from parents who can't seem to keep track of their kids. I mean just today some lady bitched me out because her kid (about 3-4 years old) is walking in the middle of the street in Downtown Truckee. She is 500ft from the kid talking to one of her girlfriends. The kid wanders out of site into a busy street. She was pissed at me for blowing the horn when I almost hit him... WTF. Where were you you dumb bitch. The parents in the Jackson trial should be in a court for child neglete. They say the kid was held captive for extended periods of time, yet didn't get the police involved (right away). Excuse me but if I went to go pick up my kid and they told me no I would have gone in and got him. Celeb or not he can't just keep these kids, and what would he do if you broke in and got your kid... I mean it is your kid right. When are we going to start punishing these people for being so stupid. If I allowed this to happen (if it did) to my child I would NEVER forgive myself for LETTING it happen. I mean would you take your child to the weirdo of the hood to babysit your kid.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Echo said:
Where exactly did you get that "fact"?

OJ walked because the prosecution was incompetent (and because he hired Johnny Cochran).
He had a lot of strong sympathy in the wake of events like the L.A. riots. To add onto that he was one of the greats of American football. In general it was a high-profile trial will a lot of awkward social influences. I'm not sure he would have gotten away with it now, even with Cochran and a retarded prosecution.