Quantcast

Michelin 2010 DH Tires

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Michelin's new line of DH tires for 2010 is officially launched.

---

Michelin has brought back their Dh line for 2010 with a few new names, some slightly modified tread and different sidewalls.

The Gripp'r, Rock'r and new mud tires are all slightly new version of the old Michelin standards (comp 16, Comp 24 and Mud 3). The comp 32 replacement isn't at the show, but will be a large sized 2.6 instead of a 2.8.

The sidewalls have been modified slightly with an external reinforcement, especially on the UST tires, that will help prevent pinch flats. The compound has slightly slower rebound than before.

The Rockr is a comp 24 with a few more sipes to open it up, and pre removed mid knobs, which was a popular modification.

The Rock'r is a comp 16 with much stiffer sideknobs in 2,5", which is what many had asked for.

Attachments

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Just sayin that rock'r and grip'r are pretty bad names, even for bike components.

Needed something to bitch about I guess.

Thanks for the coverage!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Just sayin that rock'r and grip'r are pretty bad names, even for bike components.

Needed something to bitch about I guess.

Thanks for the coverage!
they're french, dude, what do you expect?

Good looking tires though...i'd like to try something new for 010.

bkbroiler

Chimp
Nov 22, 2008
Toronto
My dealer was at the Whistler Giant launch and said that the Michelins there were very sketchy....one could read that they were muds on hardpack? still..