Quantcast

Michelin DH Tyres 2010

Edgetec

Chimp
Apr 28, 2010
Bristol
Michelin has been developing this new range of downhill and freeride Tyres for well over a year, they were never going to release a a new range of tyres without getting it 100% right. The reason is simple anyone who remembers the comp 16 which changed the way bikes were ridden downhill knew this was an incredible tire to ride on. Due to its success many other tyre manufacturers decided to jump on the bandwagon and manufacture tyres very similar to this tread pattern, completely ripping off the design. Michelin have kept these new tyres under wraps for quite some time thay are slowly getting into the shops as demand has far exceeded the supply.
The range is simple and caters for every type of ride, packed with new technology, multilayer construction and a new sticky rubber Check out www.stendec-works.com.

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Dog gone your stupid currency, making it look like I'm getting a steal. Google currency converter brought me back to reality though. $98.00 for two tyres (not counting shipping). :(

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Spam much?
Ease up. It's a UK site and I haven't heard of anyone in the US offering the tires yet, so he's doing a favor. Plenty other companies torch the site too.;)

Has anyone noticed all the good tires are starting to look alike?
Michelin can call dibs though on most patterns though. And it's not like there are 632 ways to make a square rubber block on a tire.:D

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Has anyone noticed all the good tires are starting to look alike?
Yep and they are starting to address the weak sidewall issues on fr versions which should make them a bit more reliable for more courses that can require a bit of pedaling...

Good for them, Maxxis did the sidewalls this year, continental did as well and schwalbes been doing it for a while too.

Yeah patterns are starting to get run together, thats why innovators like Marzocchi with the M tire and Cedric with the CG pattern tire will dominate with coolness... LOL :rolleyes: